New LBP coming to the UK hopefully

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

Morph
Home club or Range: WRPC

New LBP coming to the UK hopefully

#1 Post by Morph »

I hear some rumblings that GSG are releasing another LBP "The Firefly", they already took over making this for Sig Sauer in the states (When it was called The Mosquito & Basically a P226 clone in .22) & now it looks like we could be geting a UK legal version over here.

lollol
I am quite certain that the argument you've already won in your head was entirely more satisfying to you than the one that is actually occurring.

Member of WR&PC,BASC & UBC
swotty
Home club or Range: FDPC & NRA

Re: New LBP coming to the UK hopefully

#2 Post by swotty »

Looking forward to reading some reviews on these when they come out. I wonder how much they'll cost?
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#3 Post by safetyfirst »

The walther PPQ is almost here too, plus rumours of a Glock, plea Kriss have their defiance .22 AR type out shortly and there are rumours of a .22 Kriss Vector as well.

Exciting times for us pretendies!
Gh0st
Home club or Range: FDPC

#4 Post by Gh0st »

Morph wrote:I hear some rumblings that GSG are releasing another LBP "The Firefly", they already took over making this for Sig Sauer in the states (When it was called The Mosquito & Basically a P226 clone in .22) & now it looks like we could be geting a UK legal version over here.

lollol
Seems Blackrifle are already ahead of the game listing it on their website? wonder if they have any more details.

The UK market could certainly do with some variation.
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

http://www.bulletsandpixels.co.uk www.fdpc.org.uk
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#5 Post by safetyfirst »

£435!!!!!!!!!!!! That's almost US type pricing!
Gh0st

#6 Post by Gh0st »

i'm reckoning its speculative pricing at the moment. That's incredibly cheap.
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

Sim G
Past Supporter

#7 Post by Sim G »

Gh0st wrote:That's incredibly cheap.

No, it's a GSG...
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Gh0st

#8 Post by Gh0st »

Ouch....

Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#9 Post by Blackstuff »

One of the problems with the previous SIG226 LBP was the lack of safety catch (as per the original gun) which means some types of competition require you to start with an empty chamber, whereas everyone else with a safety could start 'cocked and locked'.

From the picture on the Blackrifle website this appears to have been addressed with a slide mounted safety (Beretta 92F/Desert Eagle style). However, the SIG 226 sits monstrously high in the hand and a safety in that position will be next to useless for everyone other than those with fingers like Grey aliens, or concert pianists!

Don't get me wrong, i'm glad there are more entries coming to market but personally I can think of a long line of handguns i'd like to see before this.
DVC
Gh0st

#10 Post by Gh0st »

If the website and picture are real then its more than a rumour?