lookie what I got!

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

AL8

Re: lookie what I got!

#61 Post by AL8 »

basically with 7.3 you need a theme eg different 1911's, anything before WW1 is easier to get.
As it gets newer it gets progressively harder

http://www.hbsa-uk.org/HBSA-what-we-do/ ... on-7-1-7-3
ordnance

#62 Post by ordnance »

bradaz11 wrote:If you search my posts for 7.3 i have gone into it in detail before. I'm just off to bed now or would do it all again.

Bottom line with importing a revolver would bee what id's it and why is it important enough to fulfil a requirement of the heritage scheme?
I see this for sale here, would it be 7.3. ?
Description: **FOR SALE** **VERY RARE** .45 Colt M1 1911 A1 United States Army Semi Automatic Pistol 3 X 7 round magazines In exceptional condition for its age £1450 Call Lavin Guns on 02827641204 for more information
Category: .Pistol : Hand guns
Make: Colt
Model: M1 1911 A1 U.S. Army
Certificate Required: Yes
Orientation: Either
Calibre: .45
Mechanism: Semi automatic
Gun Condition: Excellent
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#63 Post by bradaz11 »

sounds like it would be, depends on it's age, who owned it (EG, if it was a US service weapon and owned by state, not a personal purchase), and what you want to collect it for
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
ordnance

#64 Post by ordnance »

bradaz11 wrote:sounds like it would be, depends on it's age, who owned it (EG, if it was a US service weapon and owned by state, not a personal purchase), and what you want to collect it for

Cain't get a good photo its united states army, You will find it in the link.

Buy and Sell Guns & Accessories Online- gundeal.co.uk
www.gundeal.co.uk/
GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

#65 Post by GeeRam »

bradaz11 wrote:sounds like it would be, depends on it's age, who owned it (EG, if it was a US service weapon and owned by state, not a personal purchase), and what you want to collect it for
Serial number indicates 1943 manufacture for US military, but is it a Colt manufactured one with that serial number or a Remington Rand made one with that serial number, as its within the serial number range that was duplicated by both.....?
ordnance

#66 Post by ordnance »

GeeRam wrote:
Serial number indicates 1943 manufacture for US military, but is it a Colt manufactured one with that serial number or a Remington Rand made one with that serial number, as its within the serial number range that was duplicated by both.....?

Not sure i found this.
1. The presence of VP proofmark in a triangle at the left front of the triggerguard; a GHD inspector marking or an M1911A1 marking without any spaces between the figures indicates an M1911A1 manufactured by Colt.
There are several ways to tell, but the easiest and fastest is to look at the inspector's initials on the LH side of the receiver. All Remington Rand pistols were marked "FJA" for Col. Frank J. Atwood. A Colt receiver of the time period would be marked "GHD" for Brig. Gen. Guy H. Drewry.
GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

#67 Post by GeeRam »

ordnance wrote:
GeeRam wrote:

Not sure i found this.
1. The presence of VP proofmark in a triangle at the left front of the triggerguard; a GHD inspector marking or an M1911A1 marking without any spaces between the figures indicates an M1911A1 manufactured by Colt.
There are several ways to tell, but the easiest and fastest is to look at the inspector's initials on the LH side of the receiver. All Remington Rand pistols were marked "FJA" for Col. Frank J. Atwood. A Colt receiver of the time period would be marked "GHD" for Brig. Gen. Guy H. Drewry.
On that basis, it's a Colt made one, as one of the photos shows the GHD initials. :good:
Dellboy
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

#68 Post by Dellboy »

ordnance wrote:
bradaz11 wrote:If you search my posts for 7.3 i have gone into it in detail before. I'm just off to bed now or would do it all again.

Bottom line with importing a revolver would bee what id's it and why is it important enough to fulfil a requirement of the heritage scheme?
Description: **FOR SALE** **VERY RARE** .45 Colt M1 1911 A1 United States Army Semi Automatic Pistol 3 X 7 round magazines In exceptional condition for its age £1450 Call Lavin Guns on 02827641204 for more information

cant that be bought as a target pistol in NI ?
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

ordnance

#69 Post by ordnance »

Dellboy wrote:
ordnance wrote:

cant that be bought as a target pistol in NI ?
Yes you can apply for it for target shooting, PP1 service pistol etc. Anyone in the rest of the UK that has 7.3 could possibly buy it.
froggy
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: HPRP (UK) + Corsaires Malouins (France) + Czech Rep

#70 Post by froggy »

Nice growing collection Bradaz :good:
Want to shoot pistol ? Don't retreat... reload & run forward !!
http://dynamicshootingcz.co.uk/