Mateba fun

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

Re: Mateba fun

#11 Post by bradaz11 »

breacher wrote:
bradaz11 wrote:there are a few about on sec1 with the self cocking feature still enabled.

I was led to believe that most also have the stock split under the cheek rest, so you can remove the shoulder stock to shoot like a standard pistol, but maintain OAL length. all the ones I've seen so far have.
Interesting - this action really was not thought about when legislation was written.

Trying to get my head around definitions and still cannot figure out what this "should" be defined as if it works as originally designed.

With a section 1 LBR as we know it, each squeeze of the trigger discharges a round. With this one its the same technically just with a mechanical indexing of the cylinder.
it's more that it cocks the hammer, so you get a light S/A trigger every shot without having to touch the hammer
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
shugie
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Sperry at Bisley

#12 Post by shugie »

bradaz11 wrote:
breacher wrote:
bradaz11 wrote:there are a few about on sec1 with the self cocking feature still enabled.

I was led to believe that most also have the stock split under the cheek rest, so you can remove the shoulder stock to shoot like a standard pistol, but maintain OAL length. all the ones I've seen so far have.
Interesting - this action really was not thought about when legislation was written.

Trying to get my head around definitions and still cannot figure out what this "should" be defined as if it works as originally designed.

With a section 1 LBR as we know it, each squeeze of the trigger discharges a round. With this one its the same technically just with a mechanical indexing of the cylinder.
it's more that it cocks the hammer, so you get a light S/A trigger every shot without having to touch the hammer
The UK version works in double action quite happily, but the force required to index the cylinder and cock the hammer is a lot more than the actual trigger release. Very hard to hold on target even with the shoulder stock.
Careful now/that sort of thing
joe

#13 Post by joe »

These guns are self cocking not self loading thus not section 5
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#14 Post by Ovenpaa »

Possibly because once the lumps are removed it would become a self loading weapon.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#15 Post by bradaz11 »

Ovenpaa wrote:Possibly because once the lumps are removed it would become a self loading weapon.
no more so than any other revolver
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
Dellboy
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

#16 Post by Dellboy »

if it was 22 would it not be ok as a semi by removing the blocks ?
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

shugie
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Sperry at Bisley

#17 Post by shugie »

It wasn't made in 22 as far as I am aware. In its original form, the slide recoil both cocked the hammer and indexed the cylinder, and I would not care to try and justify that not being self loading to a Court. After the first round, subsequent rounds in the non UK version would only require a single light trigger pull.
Careful now/that sort of thing