New Walther lbp?

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

SeaMonkey

Re: New Walther lbp?

#201 Post by SeaMonkey »

Has anybody tried the drilled barrel/suppressed version of the PPQ 22 LBP?
If so, is it much quieter than the standard model?
For the extra £140 or so, it would be nice to know if there was a noticeable difference.
Gh0st
Home club or Range: FDPC

#202 Post by Gh0st »

SeaMonkey wrote:Has anybody tried the drilled barrel/suppressed version of the PPQ 22 LBP?
If so, is it much quieter than the standard model?
For the extra £140 or so, it would be nice to know if there was a noticeable difference.

Still yet to see one in the flesh.

Welcome to the forum btw.
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

http://www.bulletsandpixels.co.uk www.fdpc.org.uk
SeaMonkey

#203 Post by SeaMonkey »

Thanks for the welcome Gh0st, my first post on a forum, ever!
strangesam
Home club or Range: Invicta Bristol, Frome and District PC

#204 Post by strangesam »

I too have yet to hear the suppressed version.

Put another 100 rounds through mine today, again just one stovepipe on dropping the slide (again I think my loading).

its still more accurate than I am. I think i need a few thousand more rounds to get used to this pistol lark.

have yet to see anyone else with one, though i get the impression lots have been sold.
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#205 Post by safetyfirst »

strangesam wrote:I think i need a few thousand more rounds to get used to this pistol.....i get the impression lots have been sold.
I’ve had four LBP’s and I’m still awful with one when compared to my average rifle shooting, which I’ve been failing at for 35 years now if you count the Webley I had when I was six.

It takes a lot of time and practice to get good with a pistol. They’re so much fun.

I know a huge number of shooters who have bought one and never shoot it because it’s too hard or not for them.

This is part of the Home Office “pistol re-introduction program” that aims have “a pistol on the floor of every cabinet”, a project they are pursuing legislatively with their peculiar rule stating you cant touch one until you own one.

I mean what’s a shooter going to do if you tell them that FFS....

Have fun with it, see how fast you can do the “el presidente” drill :)
strangesam
Home club or Range: Invicta Bristol, Frome and District PC

#206 Post by strangesam »

currently about 11 seconds I think. which is significantly slower than I can do it with a rifle.
Gh0st
Home club or Range: FDPC

#207 Post by Gh0st »

safetyfirst wrote:
strangesam wrote:I think i need a few thousand more rounds to get used to this pistol.....i get the impression lots have been sold.
I’ve had four LBP’s and I’m still awful with one when compared to my average rifle shooting, which I’ve been failing at for 35 years now if you count the Webley I had when I was six.

It takes a lot of time and practice to get good with a pistol. They’re so much fun.

I know a huge number of shooters who have bought one and never shoot it because it’s too hard or not for them.

This is part of the Home Office “pistol re-introduction program” that aims have “a pistol on the floor of every cabinet”, a project they are pursuing legislatively with their peculiar rule stating you cant touch one until you own one.

I mean what’s a shooter going to do if you tell them that FFS....

Have fun with it, see how fast you can do the “el presidente” drill :)
“even shooters using production guns with no muzzle brakes or optical sights routinely break the five-second mark.”

Damn that’s quick.... (*sourced from Wikipedia)
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

http://www.bulletsandpixels.co.uk www.fdpc.org.uk