Accuracy of long barrel pistols

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

jack1
Home club or Range: Sittingbourne rifle and pistol club

Re: Accuracy of long barrel pistols

#31 Post by jack1 »

Kungfugerbil wrote:
jack1 wrote:If you look on the Browning web sight you will see "Buck mark rifle" and "Buckmark pistol". The Buckmark pistol we have here is made from the rifle which is clear to see. Both have been 'around' for years long before our idiotic rules required a rifle to be converted to a pistol.
Actually the BuckMark - which is a pistol - came into being in the early 80s but can trace its lineage back to the Colt Woodsman of a hundred years ago.

The carbine came into existence in 2001. It's quite obviously a pistol with a long barrel and a stock attached.
Yet Browning call it a rifle
TattooedGun
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

#32 Post by TattooedGun »

jack1 wrote:
Kungfugerbil wrote:
jack1 wrote:If you look on the Browning web sight you will see "Buck mark rifle" and "Buckmark pistol". The Buckmark pistol we have here is made from the rifle which is clear to see. Both have been 'around' for years long before our idiotic rules required a rifle to be converted to a pistol.
Actually the BuckMark - which is a pistol - came into being in the early 80s but can trace its lineage back to the Colt Woodsman of a hundred years ago.

The carbine came into existence in 2001. It's quite obviously a pistol with a long barrel and a stock attached.
Yet Browning call it a rifle
But the first line on Browning website says:

"Based on the popular and proven Buck Mark Pistol"

Also the rifles that are on the browning website little resemble the versions that we get over here once converted.

With no foregrip, or "stock" as shown on the browning website as they are converted to adhere to our archaic laws. So drawing conclusions based off of the Browning Website is futile since it's not the same firearm once it gets to the end user.
Kungfugerbil
Past Supporter

#33 Post by Kungfugerbil »

jack1 wrote:Yet Browning call it a rifle
They can call it what they want. Sticking a wig and heels on Michael Gove doesn't make him Playmate of the year.
Doz
Past Supporter

#34 Post by Doz »

Kungfugerbil wrote:They can call it what they want. Sticking a wig and heels on Michael Gove doesn't make him Playmate of the year.
Did you have to? I'm trying to eat here... ;)
jack1

#35 Post by jack1 »

Kungfugerbil wrote:

Browning have two Buckmark products shown on their web site a pistol and a rifle the latter which through a process of ballistic metamorphosis has become (in the UK) the Buckmark long barrel pistol whilst in the USA it is the Browning Buckmark rifle.
Kungfugerbil
Past Supporter

#36 Post by Kungfugerbil »

jack1 wrote:Browning have two Buckmark products shown on their web site a pistol and a rifle the latter which through a process of ballistic metamorphosis has become (in the UK) the Buckmark long barrel pistol whilst in the USA it is the Browning Buckmark rifle.
Are you aware you've already answered this post?

Your original beef with the BuckMark was that it was somehow 'not proper' as it was a rifle not a pistol. I've explained that it is in every sense a pistol and always has been - the rifle is nothing but a long barreled pistol with a stock. The UK gunsmiths take the long barreled pistol with a stock and cut off the stock leaving...a long barreled pistol.

Is this a car or a plane?

Ballistic metamorphosis lol
jack1

#37 Post by jack1 »

Kungfugerbil wrote:
jack1 wrote:Browning have two Buckmark products shown on their web site a pistol and a rifle the latter which through a process of ballistic metamorphosis has become (in the UK) the Buckmark long barrel pistol whilst in the USA it is the Browning Buckmark rifle.
Are you aware you've already answered this post?

Your original beef with the BuckMark was that it was somehow 'not proper' as it was a rifle not a pistol. I've explained that it is in every sense a pistol and always has been - the rifle is nothing but a long barreled pistol with a stock. The UK gunsmiths take the long barreled pistol with a stock and cut off the stock leaving...a long barreled pistol.

Is this a car or a plane?

Ballistic metamorphosis lol
I do not have a "beef with the Buckmark" rifle to UK legal pistol conversion and I do know how the whole exercise works and how the conversion carried out amazingly as well as you do but I do not need to use sarcasm to make the point.if you had paid attention to this whole debate you would have learnt I did actually own one and shot it very successfully in competition. However, you will not be told will you? Browning make clear in their web site what is the Buckmark rifle and the Buckmark pistol. You seem to suggest your opinion is more qualified than all others contributing which of course it is not and I am very happy to compare my experience, qualifications and achievements in shooting with yours if I did not have better things to do. The matter from my point of view is now closed, others of course may wish to continue . You have a very good week. Jack
Kungfugerbil
Past Supporter

#38 Post by Kungfugerbil »

jack1 wrote: The matter from my point of view is now closed
Good, I'm glad I was able to clear it up for you. You're welcome.
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#39 Post by dromia »

Handbags can now be put away ladies as this thread is now locked!

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/