New acquisition

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

Sandgroper
Site Supporter Since 2015

New acquisition

#1 Post by Sandgroper »

My newest acquisition - a Competitor Corporation single shot pistol in 357 magnum from Low Mill Ranges (and thanks to Andy 632 for being the receiving RFD :good: ).
CompCorp357.png
Given it's length (622mm/24.5 inches) it's actually quite well balanced and not surprisingly, it's a hefty brute - I'll weigh it and add some more photo's tomorrow once I've had a chance to strip and clean it properly.
“The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.”

Lieutenant General David Morrison

I plink, therefore I shoot.
Sandgroper

Re: New acquisition

#2 Post by Sandgroper »

I've wanted one of these for a while and I managed to find this one for sale a price that was too good to refuse. A 223 Rem version was being sold at the same time but it went very quickly. It's a hefty piece of kit that weights in at 3.85kg/8.5lbs, but even so, I'm glad I got it. The plate added to the bottom of the grip makes a nice support for my left hand and helps to steady my hold.

Undo a single bolt and the barrel can be separated from the grip/stock.
CompCorp357Stripped.png
If I was inclined I could also remove the breach from the barrel but I decided to leave it alone today. Opening the breach (clockwise twist) cocks the action and ejects the cases as good 2-3 feet back.

Breach in the open position -
CompCorp357Breach.png
Looking forward to putting rounds down range with it and I suspect with a 1:10 twist, heaving bullets will be the way to go. Eventually I plan to get a stock made for it and turn it into a quirky little carbine/LBP combo.
CompCorp357a.png

Sim G
Past Supporter

#3 Post by Sim G »

And you can shoot it from a deck chair! That'll suit your Australian heritage!
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
WelshShooter
Site Supporter Since 2016

#4 Post by WelshShooter »

Very nice! I've shot a very similar type of firearm which was chambered in .44 magnum which was great fun to shoot. Hope you have lots of fun and keep this thread updated with your progress.
waterford103
Site Supporter Since 2018
Home club or Range: Aberdeen FBGC

#5 Post by waterford103 »

A very long time ago I had a conversion upper for a 1911 .45acp that replaced the slide -- in .308 win ! I think it was called a Dominator or some such , it was definitely a terminator , those brave enough to fire it didn't want to fire it again . Matbe a muzzle brake would have helped . I think there were offerings in other calibres too.
"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
Sim G
Past Supporter

#6 Post by Sim G »

Pachmayr Dominator! A proper blokes 1911!
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Andy632
Home club or Range: Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club (& Cawdor Rifle Club)

#7 Post by Andy632 »

Got a phone call from Licensing today about it; they couldn't find any information about Competitor Corporation Inc. in their databases.
Rifle & Pistol Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club.
Sandgroper

#8 Post by Sandgroper »

Sim G wrote:And you can shoot it from a deck chair! That'll suit your Australian heritage!
Why stand when you can sit... ;)
Andy632 wrote:Got a phone call from Licensing today about it; they couldn't find any information about Competitor Corporation Inc. in their databases.
They'll have even less luck if they do an internet search as the company went bust a few years ago and the website is no longer available. Should tell Police Scotland to talk to a certain Badger as he apparently* has one is 6.5x55. wtf

*I say "apparently" as he hasn't provided any proof of ownership apart from some inane mutterings that I made him buy it! :twisted:

saddler
Home club or Range: NTSA, East Scotland Rifle Club, Vintage Arms Scotland (guest at competitions), Carlisle Small Arms Club (guest for PSG matches)

#9 Post by saddler »

...talking about custom made shoulder holsters?
No.....bugger!
meles meles
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: HBSA

#10 Post by meles meles »

Oh indeedy, we has one in 6.5x55 Norsquigean does us and yes, Gritgrasper was entirely responsibubble for us buying it. He's a bad influence... Ours doesn't have the surfboard under it though.

It's quite a pawful, but fired from a benchrest it can group very nicely at 300 mards and always attracts lots of attention down at Bisley. Makes quite a few of the old duffers choke on their G&T when they see it. The first question we are usually asked (even by Mr Plod) is "Is that legal ?" (YES) and the second is "but surely that's a rifle" (NO).
Badger
CEO (Chief Excavatin' Officer)
Badger Korporashun

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.
"Quelle style, so British"