OPEN MEETINGS FOR "REPEATING PISTOLS"

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

nunhead
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

Re: OPEN MEETINGS FOR "REPEATING PISTOLS"

#11 Post by nunhead »

At the ATSC Meeting there are courses for LBP and LBR -- - also as part of the Imperial Meetring programme.

For ALL of the "Repeating Pistol" Open Meetings they are for "Muzzle-Loaders" -- but that starts with

"STANDARD PERCUSSION REVOLVER" - defined as "a 19thC design without later improvements" -- i.e., a basic "El Cheapo Repro" as well as originals --- OFFHAND and /or SUPPORTED
via
"TARGET PERCUSSION REVOLVER" -- with target sights, special barrels and actions, Ruger OAs and also the Standard revolvers (ONE HANDED SHOOTING ONLY)
to
"FREE PERCUSSION" REVOLVER with any sights except laser, special grips etc -- ANY HOLD

and then the
"MODERN MUZZLE-LOADERS" --- e.g., "Patriot" block loader, "Smokeless conversions" of 19thC designs, DA Revolvers such as the "Westlake".

"E" me and I will send you the table showing what is eligible -- or download it, plus R&Rs and Entry Forms fom the websites listed.

jim (at) jimhallam (dot) me (dot) uk --- no spaces
stuarta
Home club or Range: Bicester Town pistol and rifle club

#12 Post by stuarta »

are these competitions shot on the PL7 target and where can you find the scores for last year?
nunhead

#13 Post by nunhead »

The target is the HBSA 25m-scaled target --- based on the 1890's NRA 20yard revolver target. That is because (a) it is more "traditional" and (b) the dimensions allow for higher scores, thus being less "discouraging" for many shooters. As the aiming mark (the 7- and 6-rings) is 4.27" daimeter and the PL7 aiming mark (10 - to 7-rings) is 200mm / 7.87" clearly fixed sight revolvers need a different aiming point. That is why we allow a "supplementary aiming mark" to be added by the firer. For home practice a 4 1/4" circle on a blank backer would do well.

If you want scores I have attached the results for the "Middle weekend" of July and the Surrey Branch September meeting (in MS WORD format)

I have also added the "Meeting notes" for the 3 Opens, which includes a table of Eligibility for various firearms.
Attachments
RP MEETING NOTES 2 pages 180306 PDF.pdf
(565.72 KiB) Downloaded 83 times
results 170910 v6.doc
(238.5 KiB) Downloaded 86 times
SLRC results july 2017 v6.doc
(367 KiB) Downloaded 84 times
nunhead

#14 Post by nunhead »

Just a thought -- - if you plan to come down then speak to Roy Singleton!
stuarta
Home club or Range: Bicester Town pistol and rifle club

#15 Post by stuarta »

Nunhead
Thank you for for answering my questions, I will put the dates in my diary and will try and fit in at least one of the competitions in 2018
nunhead

#16 Post by nunhead »

Glad to be of assistance!
Why not try to get two others from your Club and put in a TEAM for the July Meeting? (If you are thinking of Roy Singleton, he is already "reserved" for the South London RC Team(s) !)