What .22lr pistols can I own in the UK?

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

HALODIN
Home club or Range: Oundle Rifle & Pistol Club

Re: What .22lr pistols can I own in the UK?

#11 Post by HALODIN »

What happened? I'd like one at some point. I noticed his facebook page hasn't been updated since May.
nickb834 wrote:Sig 226 - Ex Icon Arms - you'll have to search 2nd hand now
joe

#12 Post by joe »

HALODIN wrote:What happened? I'd like one at some point. I noticed his facebook page hasn't been updated since May.

I've been told he is in the Middle East on business but will be back at some point
HALODIN
Home club or Range: Oundle Rifle & Pistol Club

#13 Post by HALODIN »

OK thanks.
drocto
Home club or Range: SYP

#14 Post by drocto »

I've just bought a Browning Buckmark but not fired it yet... Wish there was more choice though.
pluginal
Home club or Range: North Coates butts

#15 Post by pluginal »

After shooting & collecting full bore pistols back in the 80's I gave up after Hungerford kicked off. I loved them, easy to transport, maintain and such fun to shoot semi auto. I have just got back into shooting but can't bring myself to shoot pistol any more with the stupid draconian laws of the Nanny state. But I can shoot rifles and rimfire semi auto so I am appeased but now have to learn all about rifles and the ammunition. I am looking forward to it again. I have a collection of blow back air pistols which seemed the next best thing but without the recoil. :-(
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#16 Post by bradaz11 »

HALODIN wrote:What happened? I'd like one at some point. I noticed his facebook page hasn't been updated since May.
I'm pretty sure he died

Sent from my mobile using "An application"
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#17 Post by bradaz11 »

saddler wrote:Pure pistols, none*

12/24 "rifles" that are sort of cobbled together from pistol donor designs; but comply with minimum length laws - quite a few

*unless you are on the Isle of Man or Northern Ireland, in which case the answer is - any .22 pistol you have the cash & an FAC slot for.
On the UK mainland you MAY also possibly have a .22 pistol on FAC - but only under very limited circumstances (S.7-3, S5 Humane despatch, etc.) i.e. ZERO hope for purely target shooting usage
Speak for yourself...

Ok. No .22 but all are shot at targets in EnglandImage

When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#18 Post by Alpha1 »

bradaz11 wrote:
saddler wrote:Pure pistols, none*

12/24 "rifles" that are sort of cobbled together from pistol donor designs; but comply with minimum length laws - quite a few

*unless you are on the Isle of Man or Northern Ireland, in which case the answer is - any .22 pistol you have the cash & an FAC slot for.
On the UK mainland you MAY also possibly have a .22 pistol on FAC - but only under very limited circumstances (S.7-3, S5 Humane despatch, etc.) i.e. ZERO hope for purely target shooting usage
Speak for yourself...

Ok. No .22 but all are shot at targets in EnglandImage

There is no way your average certificate holder can own or fire any of those hand guns so not applicable to this post.
I have recently like two weeks ago purchased a GSG 1911 .22 long barreled pistol. It's great fun it works flawlessly with any ammo I choose to feed it. It currently shoots 2 feet low I will adjust when I get round to it.
The red dot sight that comes with it is useless. I bought the Tac version I could of saved myself £150 if I bought the standard version. Don't buy second hand the earlier versions had problems with feeding etc I believe. Its just good fun I have no intention of shooting it competitively. It was on my bucket list so I got one I may not even keep it once I get bored emptying pound notes worth of ammo down range..
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#19 Post by dromia »

There is section 7.

7.1 you can keep at home but cannot fire, 7.3 must be kept on a 7.3 range you cannot take it home but you can fire it on a 7.3 range. Transporting it to other 7.3 ranges requires section 5 transport arrangements.

There are not many section 7.3 ranges around and using them is a real chew on, I was section 7.3 from the time of the ban but could never get used to the hassle of shooting them under 7.3 range restrictions. Finally transferred them to section 7.1. Also you cannot just have any handgun under section 7 you must demonstrate that the particular gun(s) that you wish to purchase have historical significance.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
AL8

#20 Post by AL8 »

I believe there is about 12 section 7.3 sites around the country, handy if you live near one and a bit of a pain if you dont