Pistol

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

Dellboy
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

Re: Pistol

#41 Post by Dellboy »

well im buying a CZ next year and leaving it in Czech[/quote]

If you are going to buy a gun and leave it in a foreign country, with you not being able to take it from the range, why not get into 7.3 in this country, and start a collection, the newly released trials Glock 19's are looking pretty good, there might be another M&P about, plus you could always look at older handguns. I know there are a few 1911's on 7.3 for sale at my club atm[/quote]

Well i looked into it and i might do it but then again im seriously considering buying a place in Czech so it wont be that much of a bother
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

Dellboy
Site Supporter 2021

#42 Post by Dellboy »

What did you have in mind. ? I owned a CZ75 SPO1 Shadow had it for 5 years great pistol, felt like a change and bought a Sig Sauer p226. If you want to spend a bit more then the Shadow 2 are appearing at the ranges here another great pistol.[/quote]

Cz P01 Omeg is something i will be trying i did like the shadow tried a tricked up one and shot it well ,but i like the steel 75 compact which if it had a decocker would be my thing .
Tried a couple of Glocks couldnt say i liked them ok but just something not quite right (for me )
Tried a sig 226 and was impressed .
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Sim G
Past Supporter

#43 Post by Sim G »

bradaz11 wrote: If you are going to buy a gun and leave it in a foreign country, with you not being able to take it from the range, why not get into 7.3 in this country, and start a collection, the newly released trials Glock 19's are looking pretty good, there might be another M&P about, plus you could always look at older handguns. I know there are a few 1911's on 7.3 for sale at my club atm

A couple of hours travelling would see me at a heritage site. My mates a member and has a dozen pistols on 7.3. Personally, I'd rather have a BP revolver in my cabinet at home that a semi auto 9mm locked in a club....

Feckers! I don't think I'll ever forgive them....
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
froggy
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: HPRP (UK) + Corsaires Malouins (France) + Czech Rep

#44 Post by froggy »

ok ok Sim ...
but what about a LB thingy at home or a pristine Cz75 PreB or even a wilson combat edc x9 O:-) in a club's safe ? :run:

I was a bit sceptical until I got my 1st one. Now, in addition to those on my french FAC, I keep 11 guns in the Czech Rep, 4 of them hand guns, and never never looked back... I shoot them about every 6 weeks, which is actually on par/more than I ever shoot my full-bore rifles here in the UK . The fact they are not in the UK, also means I can shoot them the way I want/they were intended, for 2 plain solid days, without the PC brigade on my back or being locked-up alone on a range (7.3 requirement ?). :good:
Want to shoot pistol ? Don't retreat... reload & run forward !!
http://dynamicshootingcz.co.uk/
Dellboy
Site Supporter 2021

#45 Post by Dellboy »

I was a bit sceptical until I got my 1st one. Now, in addition to those on my french FAC, I keep 11 guns in the Czech Rep, 4 of them hand guns, and never never looked back... I shoot them about every 6 weeks, which is actually on par/more than I ever shoot my full-bore rifles here in the UK . The fact they are not in the UK, also means I can shoot them the way I want/they were intended, for 2 plain solid days, without the PC brigade on my back or being locked-up alone on a range (7.3 requirement ?). :good:[/quote]

yep just yep
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#46 Post by bradaz11 »

I'm just saying there are easier ways than spending all your time and money flying away every few weekends and then traveling to a hotel, then to a range, back to hotel, back to airport.

I just travel down, have a few hours, travel back.
It's not like I do much with my BP pistols I do have at home, when I am at home. they come out to travel to the range with me, then go back in when I get home.
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
froggy
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: HPRP (UK) + Corsaires Malouins (France) + Czech Rep

#47 Post by froggy »

Agree, even if local guns' price are competitive, if forward planing in winter enable cheap travel & cost can even out with bulk ammo prices lower than Uk's, it's still not ideal. Then again, sadly there are few places in Europe where I can shoot the way I want, so, a way or an other, travelling for me is un-avoidable.
BTW, some members in my UK club store theirs in Belgium, which enable them to go for a day trip .
In an ideal world some 7.3 in the UK and some in a guns' loving country would be perfect ;)
Want to shoot pistol ? Don't retreat... reload & run forward !!
http://dynamicshootingcz.co.uk/
ordnance

#48 Post by ordnance »

You could stay in the UK and join a club in Northern Ireland and use the club pistols, i found this bellow.

Northern Ireland
Shooting Abroad. The advantage of Northern Ireland is that it is part of the UK so your firearm certificate carries some weight there and handguns are still legal.

The club that gets most of the press is the Newtownards & District Shooting Club. There are however many other pistol clubs in Northern Ireland, the only people with a comprehensive list to hand that I know of are the PSNI firearm licensing dept. in Belfast.

As with most other places, it’s not a problem to join up and use the club guns, the procedure is essentially the same as GB (except there is a 12-month probationary period – but that won’t matter if you have a certificate already). The problem is, as per usual, if you want your own gun.

In the past with considerable effort to get a non-resident firearm certificate and potentially store a firearm with a dealer or club, but the Firearms (Northern Ireland) Order 2004 introduced a new system of visitor permits (for people resident outside the UK) and letters for visitors from Great Britain (to bring in guns covered by their certificates). The new law doesn’t make any provision for storage of guns in Northern Ireland by non-residents, unfortunately.
phaedra1106
Past Supporter

#49 Post by phaedra1106 »

Interesting, what if you have dual citizenship?, my mum was Irish so I can get it if I need to.
There's room for all Gods creatures, next to the mash and gravy :)
shugie
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Sperry at Bisley

#50 Post by shugie »

The Northern Ireland option is interesting, flights to Belfast cost less than a train ticket to Cardiff!! Albeit with Michael O'Irksome
Careful now/that sort of thing