SIRT Dryfire practice

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

majordisorder

Re: SIRT Dryfire practice

#21 Post by majordisorder »

Omega wrote:Hi, everybody.
I wonder what you think about SIRT after several months of owning it. Is it still good piece of kit?
I also wonder about getting the item - I don't want to get involved with customs, would you know who could help me import it and at the same time validate that I can legally import it to the UK?
Thanks a lot
We can get hold of them along with the software to drive it. In fact we're contemplating having a "try before you buy/pay to play" at The Phoenix Arms Fair this year.
Black Rifle - Firearms, Ammunition, Vortex Optics, MDT Chassis, AR-15 accessories and "go-faster" bits for your Smith and GSG 1911
Omega
Home club or Range: Bisley

#22 Post by Omega »

The software id not an issue as I can doenload it online. However, I'm interested in the hardware and not dealing with Customs or anything - had once huge problems with importing, so want to avoid problems. Shall we disscuss offline?
Site Supporter Since 2015

#23 Post by 1066 »

I really know nothing about this system although I have had some sessions on an early version of the Scatt system.

If the software can be downloaded free, then what you are after is basically a plastic "gun" that feels similar to your own pistol, that flashes a short burst of laser light when you pull the trigger. Is that correct?
TARGETMASTER
an altogether better trickler
www.targetmasteruk.com
Omega

#24 Post by Omega »

Yes - dummy gun (ideally in weird colours to clearly show that it is a toy) and 2-3 dummy magazines
Site Supporter Since 2015

#25 Post by 1066 »

Omega wrote:Yes - dummy gun (ideally in weird colours to clearly show that it is a toy) and 2-3 dummy magazines
I see the SIRT training pistol is $240 (+ shipping tax and duty)

Wouldn't one of these or something similar do the job, if you could link the trigger pull to a laser flash?

http://www.airsoftrange.co.uk/glock-17- ... -826-p.asp
TARGETMASTER
an altogether better trickler
www.targetmasteruk.com
Omega

#26 Post by Omega »

No - it makes noise, I don't want to disturb my neighbours. Maybe not much noise, but still I definitely want SIRT type because it is much easier to use inside the house. As long as it is legal
daman
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: HRPC, NRA, BASC, BDS, Larbert, UKPSA

#27 Post by daman »

majordisorder wrote: In fact we're contemplating having a "try before you buy/pay to play" at The Phoenix Arms Fair this year.

Please do, I think there is a fair amount of interest in such systems, but personally, I'd be reluctant o buy without seeing it in the flesh first. Will you be carrying the Laserlyte targets (or anything similar)?

daman