New .22 lbp

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

Sim G
Past Supporter

Re: New .22 lbp

#61 Post by Sim G »

I'm waiting to see the version without those "cuts" in the slide. I just don't like them....
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Tomo

#62 Post by Tomo »

nigelc wrote:
Tomo wrote:Congrats, it looks good - wish I could pick mine up. I am still waiting - according to the latest text from the gun shop,it is still in Scotland even though they said it was going out to TNT last Friday.
my RFD told me that they'd been having some issues lately with TNT. Said that they'd been waiting days for stuff that was supposed to only take 24 hrs. I think I got lucky with the pistol arriving as quickly as it did.
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#63 Post by Mike357 »

Sim G wrote:I'm waiting to see the version without those "cuts" in the slide. I just don't like them....
Haven't heard of that model, there is the one with the open slide a la Beretta 92F!!!
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
Sim G
Past Supporter

#64 Post by Sim G »

My bad, Mike. I was convinced I saw a full, "unslashed" slide of their website.... I did, but it was on their 9mm Para version!

I did see the open slide version which is, to my mind, better than that "cut" version....
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!