New .22 lbp

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

Ares590

Re: New .22 lbp

#41 Post by Ares590 »

Saw one at my club this morning, very nice.....
I Want!
Buzz Shitegear

#42 Post by Buzz Shitegear »

I'm pretty sure to be back down in Marple around the 16th, 17th if you want another look.......
There are a number of minor changes to the pistol on the current batch. From a shooters perspective the most notable one is that the enlarged mag button is now ambidextrous, this keeps things in line with all the other controls which are left and right.

New extended safety much improved, actually a little smaller but the operation is now more akin to Brownings et all. (GP35 / 1911 etc) everyone is familiar with that!

New magazines with easy load springs and integrated follower buttons due for December. These will be 10 round as standard.

Similar date for 20 round mag extensions, integrated red dot slide, magazine well flair.

A few other accessories intended for release before Christmas.

Buzz
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#43 Post by Mike357 »

I can see these being really popular moving into next year. How is supply going to be? Are you going to get batches fairly frequently or will it be like stuff from the states where you have to wait for months and months?

I like the sound of the slide recessed for a red dot.
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
Sim G
Past Supporter

#44 Post by Sim G »

Buzz, can you post some pics. Not arty-farty ones, but simple and plain that show the features....?
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Buzz Shitegear

#45 Post by Buzz Shitegear »

Mike, lead times should become more consistent although to date the factory have missed every delivery date for one reason or another. Sometimes its very frustrating as it appears we are delaying things, but generally there is a vey good reason, by delaying we get a new feature or component. For example our October delivery delayed 'till November. Bummer - lots of disappointed shooters. I visit the factory early in the month do a bunch of tests and new features are included in the production run. Bonus - happy guys with better product.

The problem is demand ;-) every batch is sold out before arrival. We have doubled the order size and now order every month, still only have 8 left from the ones due this week. They will almost certainly be gone by the weekend.

Sim I'll try for a few pictures. Ill get a couple of side views but which details are of most interest to you ? I'll make sure they are covered.
DavidRees
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: JSPC; Tayside; NRA

#46 Post by DavidRees »

I was lucky enough to see one of these pistols yesterday at my club. I was impressed by the sights (very similar to my H&K P9S pistols), and how light the thing is. I'm very tempted...

David.
paxtond

#47 Post by paxtond »

having shot one at my club i will be placing a order very soon.

far better than the tsc and great gun to shoot
Tony-c

#48 Post by Tony-c »

Hope you had it on your fac :) lol

i had buckmarks and gsg. But really want to see one of these. All reports seem to be positive.
just as I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel.......... I realised it was just my boss with more work and a torch.
sysreq
Home club or Range: CRPC

#49 Post by sysreq »

As this is probably the closest I will get to shooting a pistol in the UK, I am really trying to persuade myself out of one of these.

Just out of curiosity, what wording should I be asking for on my variation?

.22 LBP?
CDM5
Home club or Range: Tidworth RPC & Bisley

#50 Post by CDM5 »

.22RF Pistol Long Barrel