Taurus LBR - Adjustable Brace?

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

DavidRees
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: JSPC; Tayside; NRA

Re: Taurus LBR - Adjustable Brace?

#21 Post by DavidRees »

carlsenior wrote:I've just got a stainless bar with a polished weight on my Taurus, angled downward to clear your arm when shooting, looks better than a brace in my opinion, balances the pistol makes it nicer to shoot ;)
Where did you get the stainless bar fitted? I'm hoping to replace the "stock" wrist brace with something similar, on a gun I plan to buy, but have no idea where to go to have the work done. Sadly, I'm not skilled at DIY, so it's not something I'd attempt myself.

David.
Andy632
Home club or Range: Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club (& Cawdor Rifle Club)

#22 Post by Andy632 »

DavidRees wrote:
carlsenior wrote:I've just got a stainless bar with a polished weight on my Taurus, angled downward to clear your arm when shooting, looks better than a brace in my opinion, balances the pistol makes it nicer to shoot ;)
Where did you get the stainless bar fitted? I'm hoping to replace the "stock" wrist brace with something similar, on a gun I plan to buy, but have no idea where to go to have the work done. Sadly, I'm not skilled at DIY, so it's not something I'd attempt myself.

David.
Come along to our club and have a look at some of the ones I've modified; if you really want one done I'm sure I could do it for you for minimal charge. :flag6:

Here's mine:
Rifle & Pistol Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club.
DavidRees
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: JSPC; Tayside; NRA

#23 Post by DavidRees »

Andy,

I'll take you up on that invitation -- may be a few weeks before I get the gun (variation and accumulation of funds pending), but I like the mod in the pictures.

David.