Fugly or not ?

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

David24

Re: Fugly or not ?

#31 Post by David24 »

Ditch the red dot on it and I would have one if they were available to us and at a decent price. Granted there would be a hell of a lot of other pistols including surplus pistols that would be higher up in the purchase order.
Granted this is coming from someone that has not shot a proper pistol, and is looking at buying a lbr, having already got a lbp.
Gh0st
Home club or Range: FDPC

#32 Post by Gh0st »

David24 wrote:Ditch the red dot on it and I would have one if they were available to us and at a decent price. Granted there would be a hell of a lot of other pistols including surplus pistols that would be higher up in the purchase order.
Granted this is coming from someone that has not shot a proper pistol, and is looking at buying a lbr, having already got a lbp.
They are pitched mid price bracket compared to others.

I've still not seen any, a friend has one on order but apparently they have been delayed. He put a deposit on in January and they are now saying not expected till December....
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

http://www.bulletsandpixels.co.uk www.fdpc.org.uk
HH1
Home club or Range: PSA

#33 Post by HH1 »

Has anyone got one of these yet? I have one on order and have been told that they should be here before Christmas .... which is fast approaching.
Gh0st

#34 Post by Gh0st »

A friend has had one on order for nearly a year..... :o

He was also told xmas.
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

Tony-c

#35 Post by Tony-c »

super mega fugly
just as I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel.......... I realised it was just my boss with more work and a torch.
Gh0st

#36 Post by Gh0st »

Seems they are now hitting the shops.

Saw these being booked in at my local RFD Dauntsey Guns. They have the 9mm and .357 in black and chrome.

First impressions:

Not as chunky as it looks in the internet pics.

Very light! Compared to my Smith and Wesson

Balance is actually quite nice

Coat hanger is a proper afterthought and literally looks bolted on.

Build quality seems ok, very box in the hands and something odd about the trigger blade / pull.

Anyone brought one yet ?
Attachments
47FB610D-C44B-4412-A12A-49944F4F5F3B.jpeg

Daryll
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Isle Target Sports Club

#37 Post by Daryll »

I handled one this morning... I have to say i quite liked it...

As Ghost said, very light compared with my Taurus, and quite pointable.
HH1
Home club or Range: PSA

#38 Post by HH1 »

Ahhh good, hopefully mine might arrive "before Christmas" then wtf ;)
Tony-c

#39 Post by Tony-c »

light in the hand, feels odd trigger and action, cylinder release is alien after smiths, cocking to single stage is far from light

dont like the large BC clearance, but will see in time how they perform
just as I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel.......... I realised it was just my boss with more work and a torch.
GlockworkOrange
Home club or Range: Parkstone Gun Club

#40 Post by GlockworkOrange »

Does anybody know how the barrel sleeve attaches? I fancy one of these but it doesn't look right to me, I'd rather have a skinny barrel poking out although I'm sure it'll have some exposed threads on for the sleeve to thread on to.