Split, Croatia

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

Robbo

Split, Croatia

#1 Post by Robbo »

During a recent family holiday to Croatia I indulged in some Section 5 stuff at this range just outside Split in Croatia.....https://www.splitshootingclub.com

I organised a couple of family free hours (dropped the girls and my wife off at the Mall for some retail therapy whilst I went at shot pistols at the Shooting Club range.

I'd organised for myself, so a minimum spent was required (€180) but for that I got 1 to 1 for a couple of hours, we had the whole range to ourselves (myself and the instructor, a very knowledgeable Mr Milan - ex army and ex police.

I had 60 rounds of 9mm - shot with a CZ75, and 60 rounds with a Smith and Wesson 686, with .38 as the range wasn't rated for the .357 which it was also capable of firing. Both pistols (the instructors own personal weapons) had both had trigger jobs done, so were match light.

My first time to Croatia and I can't recommend visiting the country enough, and friendliness and help from the instructor, who also mentioned how he enjoyed meeting other shooting enthusiasts from other countries, rather than the usual "stag do" types.....
Dellboy
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

Re: Split, Croatia

#2 Post by Dellboy »

glad you enjoyed it

just got back from Czech and did 800 rounds of 9 mm in 2 1/2 days instruction for quite a bit less ....
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

froggy
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: HPRP (UK) + Corsaires Malouins (France) + Czech Rep

#3 Post by froggy »

But then again Croatian's beaches and grub is hrad to beat ... O:-)
Glad you enjoyed your trip & managed to squeeze in little trigger time especially with a uber super dupper CZ :good:
Want to shoot pistol ? Don't retreat... reload & run forward !!
http://dynamicshootingcz.co.uk/
Christel
Site Admin

#4 Post by Christel »

Robbo, that sounds like great fun and I know the beer over there is very good.
phaedra1106
Past Supporter

#5 Post by phaedra1106 »

Sounds like a fun trip :)

Last time I was in Croatia it was still Yugoslavia!.

We flew into Zagreb (well bounced into would be a better description!), everybody was ordered off the plane and we stood about in a hangar for about an hour or so. Then all back onto the plane and people were running?, turns out they'd taken out about 10 rows of seats at one side, some poor bloke was there on a stretcher with a drip etc. and the rest of the space was stuffed full up of crates of vegetables and various animals!.

We managed to get seats and flew on to Belgrade with a lot of the other passengers standing up in the aisles!. I keep meaning to go back and show my kids around Belgrade, I worked in the Federal Parliament building while I was there teaching the "funny people" how to use and maintain and repair the tape recorders they used to record people!. It was only a few months after we came home that they started blowing each other up :(
There's room for all Gods creatures, next to the mash and gravy :)
Robbo

#6 Post by Robbo »

Thanks for the responses guys.

Yes it wasn't that cheap but it was booked through an "events" company that was more geared to larger stag do type parties, and of course it's hard to put a price on stuff you can't do at home.

I've also shot in Czech Republic on a similar deal, with both pistols and assault rifles, and that was about half the price, although about 3 years ago.

I have the guy's number so may go direct next time.

I have to say that compared to Spain, where we have holidayed previously, I found everyone to be really friendly and the good/beer good value for money. I think he whole family are pretty keen on going back......
Nelly2014
Home club or Range: WNSC, UKPSA, SDC, MYOB

#7 Post by Nelly2014 »

Although I can't fault CZ for the experience, great company and sheer firepower lol (I'll be going again Yves asic) I had a great time in Belgium at a little club in Knokke Heist last weekend. 20 Euro per day to shoot but ammo was a bit pricey (22 Eu for 50 9mm). Only a 25m range but you could shoot a huge range of handguns and some rifles at no extra cost. Just grab as many as you could carry and start blasting away.
Beretta: 92fs, Storm, P88, Cx
Glock: 17,19,23 .40S&W 9mm .45
1911: Colt 45, STi Edge and more
CZ: 75/85 7,62x39
S&W M9 M&P 15
And loads more I've forgotten. The good thing about this trip was that I could take Mrs Nelly and park our motorhome at a site about 1 mile away as the flow cries.
I spent 160 Euro just on shooting over 2 days. Then we spent the next 2 'In Bruges'
froggy
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: HPRP (UK) + Corsaires Malouins (France) + Czech Rep

#8 Post by froggy »

Salut ,
Actually, that sounds like an amazing deal !! € 20 range fee and if there was no gun rental cost , €22 for 50 rounds is actually very fair IMO ... My French club would actually cost more than that with far less pistols to choose from.
The Czech pistol was in 7,62x25 I guess ? Are you sure it was a 75/85 and not a Cz/Vz 52 ? If you have a pic I'd love to see it.
And Bruge is such a nice destination - I am glad you had a great time :good:
I mention it here before , some guys from my UK club, did not surrender their pistols and move them to Belgium and manage to do day trips to shoot them.

BTW, Next time you come over, do bring Mrs Nelly !! ;)
Want to shoot pistol ? Don't retreat... reload & run forward !!
http://dynamicshootingcz.co.uk/