CMMG MK4-SUB

For everything AR15 related and the ultimate in side charging or semi auto 22 rifles. http://www.lan-tac.com
Huge selection of accessories and upgrades, all available online. We are the UK distributor for LaRue Tactical & Battle Arms Developments.
AR15

CMMG MK4-SUB

#1 Post by AR15 »

safetyfirst
Past Supporter

Re: CMMG MK4-SUB

#2 Post by safetyfirst »

Lolololol. Nice.

Well fettled and built no doubt. Looks like fun.

Mine had a shroud, never got round to chopping it!

safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#3 Post by safetyfirst »

Think the sub raven makes a lot more sense with the new CMMG as a base, nice work Paul! What's changed in the MK4 then?
AR15

#4 Post by AR15 »

Sorry I'm not following. You're posting a picture of a rifle you copied from me and laughing about the fact that I have made a SUB CMMG similar to yours????
I don't use a barrel shroud, this is a completely integrated suppressed barrel, welded into position before the 'blank' is chambered. The chamber is also Match Grade for increased accuracy.
If yours is suppressed you cant cut yours back either because it will become Sec5.

safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#5 Post by safetyfirst »

No...... I was laughing because I'd wondered where the sub raven went to and lo there's a new model in town.

I built mine because I really liked your concept but couldn't afford one. I'm not selling them :)

I've had two rifles off you now and never been anything but complementary about them , including in this thread.

Perhaps a nice cup of tea.
AR15

#6 Post by AR15 »

Hope your guns are going well Chris.

Not going to release full details of all upgrades and prices until next week though.
breacher
Home club or Range: EBSC

#7 Post by breacher »

AR15 wrote:Sorry I'm not following. You're posting a picture of a rifle you copied from me and laughing about the fact that I have made a SUB CMMG similar to yours????
I don't use a barrel shroud, this is a completely integrated suppressed barrel, welded into position before the 'blank' is chambered. The chamber is also Match Grade for increased accuracy.
If yours is suppressed you cant cut yours back either because it will become Sec5.

How do you get the barrel nut on with the suppressor welded in place ?
http://www.phoenixtactical.co.uk

RFD 2043 Cambridgeshire
breacher

#8 Post by breacher »

Would love to see a photo of the welding.

And what make is the barrel if you dont mind my asking.

As you probably notice in another thread, I like short suppressed rifles, hence my questions..........

RFD 2043 Cambridgeshire
AR15

#9 Post by AR15 »

You put the barrel nut on before you weld the suppressor on. This is currently a test barrel and is sec5 as it was already chambered before I cut it down. At the time of the photo I had just screwed the suppressor on.

The barrels are made by us in the USA we have 4150cm and 416r stainless versions. I chamber them after the suppressor is welded in place on all production versions. So they are all legal.
I'm chambering them with a match reamer for added accuracy too.
I don't do the welding myself.
breacher

#10 Post by breacher »

Thanks for that - what length is the barrel itself ? Under 12" I assume, if you need to weld the suppressor in place ?

RFD 2043 Cambridgeshire