S-Class Bisley sept 28th

Sporting-Class. Everything you want to know about this new discipline including course of fire, competitions, rifles, regulations and how to get involved.

Moderator: dromia

tisme

Re: S-Class Bisley sept 28th

#31 Post by tisme »

I had planned on shooting my 6.5/55 but have decided in the spirit of S class to shoot light weight sporter in 308, with a fixed power 8x scope, of course I'll still use my proven load from the RRC in it though. Will still bring the 6.5/55 to shoot 1k in the afternoon.

Looking forward to it.

Mike[/quote]

With that in mind and in the sprit of S class I'll shot a .223 or .308
Pete
User702
Home club or Range: BRPC

#32 Post by User702 »

I have a pass for the day, so can actually come out and play!

Oaken, I'll drop you a mail to confirm that, but will be bringing the Remmy 700 with me (assuming it's not too heavy), although I will be trying to use the sling as the support, instead of the Shooting Shed bipod I normally use.
oaken
Home club or Range: Nra & Wessex Rifles

#33 Post by oaken »

tisme wrote:Do you have to be a member of the NRA or is it ok to be a member of an NRA associated club with a shooters cert?
Ta
Pete, the affiliated bit means that you are covered whilst shooting with the club that is affiliated, but apparently NOT WITH US!
You know me personally, so I can invite you as a guest, providing your full name and address are notified to Surrey FLO by our club secretary. So drop me a line with your details before Sunday evening.
c18rch wrote: I'm sure Rup will clarify if I've got it wrong.
Well I'm getting vague and conflicting information from various sources.
As it stands at the moment, if you are not a full NRA member and you do not know a member of Wessex rifles, then you can not shoot.
If you know me or another Wessex remember, You can shoot as a guest but I need your details to submit to relevant firearms Department by Sunday.
Also having talked to the marker a few days ago, 240 rounds per lane is about as much as they can handle reliably. That puts us on 12 shooters per lane. We are at this figure already so anyone that turns up without contacting me first will not get to shoot. As it is, we have two lanes booked and are going to have to crack the whip to get done in time.
tisme

#34 Post by tisme »

PM sent Rup Ta
oaken

#35 Post by oaken »

S-class Bisley 28th September 2014
All places are now filled and, as posted on the forums, I'm afraid only full NRA members and those known to me and/or members of Wessex Rifles may shoot. My apologies if this excludes you and hope this will be sorted for the next one.
Please be on the firing point no later than 08:00 for range briefing, sqadding and paperwork.
Firing will start at 8:30 on Century Range - lanes 19/20 (tbc).
All rifles must be bagged with magazines and BOLTS REMOVED and placed well back from the firing point. If you have breach flags, please use them. "Be seen to be safe" with muzzle awareness being an absolute priority.
Hearing protection is mandatory.
We will be starting on lanes 19 & 20 at 300yds. Falling back to 500 & then 600. Be ready to shoot when your name is called, we need to keep things moving at all times - time is limited.

Postcode for Bisley is GU24 0PB
Follow the road through the grounds, take right turn between range office and Fultons gunshop. Turn right at end then left into the car park next to Century range.

On the firing point you will be called to "make ready" before the previous shooter has finished firing.
Please remove your gear quickly once the range officer has cleared your rifle.
You may then proceed to the next range back at 500 yards.

1000yds pm will be much more relaxed with time for calling and spotting shots etc.

Cheers
Rup
Sandgroper
Site Supporter Since 2015

#36 Post by Sandgroper »

Nice one! clapclap How many do you have down to shoot S-Class?

Looking forward to the pictures and the range report.
“The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.”

Lieutenant General David Morrison

I plink, therefore I shoot.
oaken

#37 Post by oaken »

We have 27 that comply with the recent changes. Not sure how many will actually show up as it's pay on the day. I'm happy to give up my slot if all turn up as the markers will struggle at more than 12 to a lane.

I have just booked another lane at 1k so we can have a really relaxed afternoon. I'm expecting a steep learning curve for some of the field shooters. I have bought a couple of hundred GGG for people to use in my .308 just in case they can't get on with their own kit.

Range report? You mean there's work to do after the event?

I'm hoping David will bring some shiny things for us to drool over, I'm in the market for a bullet comparator
Sandgroper
Site Supporter Since 2015

#38 Post by Sandgroper »

oaken wrote:
Range report? You mean there's work to do after the event?
Yeah, it's in the small print under the heading of 'WTF have I got myself into?' :lol:

I'm sure if you ask nicely, David will right it up for you! :run:
“The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.”

Lieutenant General David Morrison

I plink, therefore I shoot.
M99
Home club or Range: FCSA(UK)

#39 Post by M99 »

tisme wrote:
miliscer wrote:I had planned on shooting my 6.5/55 but have decided in the spirit of S class to shoot light weight sporter in 308, with a fixed power 8x scope, of course I'll still use my proven load from the RRC in it though. Will still bring the 6.5/55 to shoot 1k in the afternoon.

Looking forward to it.

Mike
With that in mind and in the sprit of S class I'll shot a .223 or .308
Pete
Hmm scrap that idea! Took said 308 to range with 8x56 schmidt scope. Come ups to 300, 12 clicks (cm) no problem, first round where it was meant to be. Drop back to 600 in afternoon, need another 68cm up, get as far as 11 and that is it!!

Time for plan C!
AlieN
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Bisley

#40 Post by AlieN »

Apologies if this is explained somewhere, but can I just get a better understanding of the format (though I'm sure it will become clear on the day).

Presumably the two sighters at 300 yds are marked. After that, is each subsequent shot then marked or do we take 5 shots and then have the batch of 5 marked as one? If the shots are individually marked, how is the time worked out (presumably the time taken to mark is not included in the timed limit)?

Secondly, I understand that there are to be no magazine-less rifles. That is fine, except the mine has a four shot magazine (of which I only have one). If I use the magazine until it is empty, can I feed the remaining rounds singly or do I need to drop the magazine and reload?

Sorry for all the questions. Feeling a mixture of excitement and nervousness as I've never competed shooting before.

Cheers,

AlieN