New Shooting SHED turned parts

'Something shiny from the SHED' - A range of shooting and reloading accessories designed and built here in the UK.
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

Re: New Shooting SHED turned parts

#21 Post by kennyc »

WelshShooter wrote:How about modestly priced go/no go gauges for rimmed cartridges? 303brit and 7.62x54mmR would be a great starting point.
are they neccessary for the average shooter unless in the habit of rebarrelling ? serious question please enlighten me .
WelshShooter
Site Supporter Since 2016

#22 Post by WelshShooter »

Bolt heads can be swapped out on the Lee Enfield based on headspace. The gauges are slip discs, and not like the standard headspace gauges of normal calibres. They are usually made to the thickness of the rim per drawings.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#23 Post by Alpha1 »

kennyc wrote:
WelshShooter wrote:How about modestly priced go/no go gauges for rimmed cartridges? 303brit and 7.62x54mmR would be a great starting point.
are they neccessary for the average shooter unless in the habit of rebarrelling ? serious question please enlighten me .
If you are looking to buy a .303 or 7.62x54 its usefull to be able to check head space before you part with your money I guess. But head space gauges are not cheap to buy. I would be interested in head space gauges.
Odd Job

#24 Post by Odd Job »

David, can you make flat items such as a firing pin and extractor for my Thompson R55?
(I would be able to supply originals to copy)
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#25 Post by Ovenpaa »

Odd Job wrote:David, can you make flat items such as a firing pin and extractor for my Thompson R55?
(I would be able to supply originals to copy)
I am not really geared up for such things as one-off items unless it is something incredibly odd/old where I have no choice. In the past I have machined flat pins as batches of 12-15 which makes them more cost effective however the problem is always that I end up with the majority unsold hence my reluctance :)
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal