CZ 527 .17 .22 Hornet and .223 Guides

'Something shiny from the SHED' - A range of shooting and reloading accessories designed and built here in the UK.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: CZ 527 .17 .22 Hornet and .223 Guides

#11 Post by Ovenpaa »

dromia wrote:Nothing good can be said about corvids.
They make nice feather dusters, especially when introduced to a 22 Hornet.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
WelshShooter
Site Supporter Since 2016

#12 Post by WelshShooter »

I've had one of these lovely bore guides for quite sometime, provided kindly by Dave to trialling for the 223. I haven't shot my CZ in a long time due to scope mounting issues but I managed to shoot it this weekend so sorry for the delay!

The guide itself feels like a quality item. It is well machined and very smooth (much to Dromia's delight!). This version differs from the 17 and 22 versions as it has a rubber O ring to hold it in place. The bag contained so e extra O rings which is nice to have!

The guide fits the rifle very well. I followed the instructions and rotated the guide into position and the rubber O ring held the guide in place. It wouldn't budge so I was happy that no cleaning solution would leak out through the chamber.

This is a really nice bit of kit, the main problem with CZ 527 rifles is the bolt catch getting in the way. If you don't use a guide rod the the bolt catch can scratch you cleaning rod unless you can find a way to depress the bolt release while you are cleaning. As I only have one pair of hands, I find the bore guide a good solution.

Thank you very much Dave for the great piece of kit goodjob

Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#13 Post by Ovenpaa »

Thank you for the pictures, it is always good to see our products in use :)

The O rings will probably deteriorate with time which is why spares are included, having said that I have guides that are still on their first O rings and are in constant use. If you do run out of O rings just email us and we can post some more out. The guides themselves are guaranteed for life.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal