Armi Jager AP74 Firing pin and extractor

'Something shiny from the SHED' - A range of shooting and reloading accessories designed and built here in the UK.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

Armi Jager AP74 Firing pin and extractor

#1 Post by Ovenpaa »

I have been asked to make a spare firing pin and extractor for an Armi Jager AP74. Building these as one-offs is not the most cost efficient exercise so do we have any AP74 owners looking for some spare parts whilst I am doing the job?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Gazoo
Home club or Range: Bishop Auckland

Re: Armi Jager AP74 Firing pin and extractor

#2 Post by Gazoo »

I would be interested in prices but what I would like is spare mags, can you make them? I bet other ap74 owners would like them.
Alea Jacta Est
Ovenpaa

#3 Post by Ovenpaa »

Welcome to the forum Gazoo :wave:

The firing pins are not too much of a problem, the extractor looks challenging and there seem to be a couple of different versions however it is doable. The magazines, well my initial view is no chance however I do wonder if there is an alternative or something of a very similar ilk that could be adapted to suit.#

I will have a dig around however it may be that the forum collective may be able to help, so if you are reading this and have a little single stack .22LR rifle magazine post a picture!
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Gazoo
Home club or Range: Bishop Auckland

#4 Post by Gazoo »

Thanks Ovenpaa, same thought has cropped up on dozens of USA sites that I've looked at over the years but no one has come up with an alternative.
Mine's a Mitchel Arms (import)by the looks of the tubular front furniture as opposed to the triangular smooth Armi Jager early ones.
Firing pin and ejector are ok but won't hurt to have a spare. Bought mine from shop down near Leicester and as I was in Durham, many miles away, specifically asked if it had any problems ejecting as I have come across others that did. "no says he, all good", got it home and every other round jammed!! Bugger (is that one allowed)
Luckily it was the old problem of the Rambo slam, too many people (or just one person too many times) slamming the mag up for theatrical effect, which bends the little rebound bar that the empties bounce off and Hey presto...they bounce back in instead of out.
Easy fix that time but next might need a crafty bit of shaped metal .
Any way keep up the good work.
Alea Jacta Est
450 Martini
Home club or Range: Swadlincote RPC

#5 Post by 450 Martini »

Apologies for thread Necromancy but I'm currently looking for a new firing pin for my AP-74, I bought it off a chap in my club but it has seen a fair bit of use and the pin has become quite worn. I'm quite lucky as mine came with 3 magazines.
Ovenpaa

#6 Post by Ovenpaa »

I do make firing pins for the AP-74 however they seem to vary dimensionally so I would need a drawing to confirm which one you are using.
/d

Shed Journal
die4toys
Home club or Range: Bisley

#7 Post by die4toys »

Hello Ovenpaa,
Did you ever make any firing pins for these? If so, do you still have any and how much are they?

Thanks!
Ovenpaa

#8 Post by Ovenpaa »

Yes I made a few however the fit seems to vary from rifle to rifle...

Welcome to the forum btw :wave:
/d

Shed Journal
die4toys
Home club or Range: Bisley

#9 Post by die4toys »

Thanks for the quick reply! Do you have any dimensions that you could share? We have been trying to determine the dimensions but the firing pin we have has had material added to the hammer side apparently to compensate for a worn tip. I could send you the dimensions we have so far. Would you be willing to make another one? If you were to make it over-sized on both ends, as long as the roll pin groove is in the right place, we could finish the overall length...

Glad to be a newbie member of the group, thanks for the warm welcome!
Ovenpaa

#10 Post by Ovenpaa »

It is the dimensions of he groove to shoulder that seem to move around :)

This was my original working sketch, it is modelled in 3D somewhere if you can handle such files. You can also email me your version of the dimensions if you wish as I would be interested, david at shootingshed.co.uk as you cannot send PM's yet
Capture.PNG
/d

Shed Journal