Ruger precision Generation 2 Magpul stock.

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

Ruger precision Generation 2 Magpul stock.

#1 Post by Alpha1 »

Does anyone have any experience with the Magpul stock up grade for the Ruger Precision Generation 2 rifle. I am not liking the stock standard set up. Is it a worthwhile improvement.
Sim G
Past Supporter

Re: Ruger precision Generation 2 Magpul stock.

#2 Post by Sim G »

The beauty of the RPR is that it can use any AR stock. You are not limited to Magpul.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Webley
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

Re: Ruger precision Generation 2 Magpul stock.

#3 Post by Webley »

I have a magpul PRS gen3 stock on my AR10 and really like it. It is easy to adjust although it takes while to wind it to the required position and the knobs are quite stiff to operate, the balance to this is once set up it won't move by accident. Don't plan to shrink it for transport and extend to shoot each time. It does add some weight to the rifle compared to other stocks, but this is more of a benefit than a negative unless you plan on carrying your rifle a lot, it also brings the point of balance further back towards you. The gen 3 should fit on your RPR standard mil spec, carbine length tube I think but do check that. Alternatively a mil spec rifle length tube that I believe you could change to would work as well. Gen 3s come with an adapter for both tube types in the box. Earlier gen 2 versions will only go on mil spec, rifle length tubes so if going second hand gen 2 you will need a new tube to mount it on your RPR. Gen 3 PRS have M-lok slots on the underside, gen 2 have pic rail with a cover over them. I have heard some complain about the minimum length of pull when fitted on the RPR so maybe look in to that before purchase. If you go for a Gen 2 there are AR10 and AR15 versions, the AR10 is rarer but has a shorter cheek riser to allow the charging handle to go further back for the longer bolt.