Which single shot military straight pull conversion rifle

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

Re: Which single shot military straight pull conversion rifl

#21 Post by kennyc »

GeeRam wrote:
FredB wrote:There is anold story about the Swiss Ambassador to the 3rd Reich. At a reception in Berin, he was introduced to Hitler, "Ah yes!" said Hitler: "Switzerland! What is the population of your country?" "Just over two million" replied the ambassador. "Do you realise that next Monday morning I could put four million stormtroopers into your country? What would you do then?" The ambassador repied:" In that case, Herr Reichfuher, everybody would have to shoot twice!"
Hitler never invaded Switzerland.
Fred
Switzerland as a neutral was more useful to Herr H as his banker, than if it had been occupied........
or more likely he needed the troops for his Russian trip, and the cost of invasion in troops,materiel and time was more than he was willing to pay at that point in the proceedings :p
Mauserbill
Home club or Range: Range

#22 Post by Mauserbill »

Hello
How could anybody not want one of these beauties.
But at £3900 i am afraid it time to call "Oh Matron"
Attachments
k43 .jpg
Lancs Lad
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Diggle / Altcar and anywhere else that will have me.

#23 Post by Lancs Lad »

redcat wrote:
FredB wrote:Why get a conversion? Go for a rifle designed to be straight pull. such as the Schmidt Rubin.
Fred
+1 :good:

Redcat
+1 :good:

:flag13: LL
GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

#24 Post by GeeRam »

kennyc wrote:
GeeRam wrote:
FredB wrote:There is anold story about the Swiss Ambassador to the 3rd Reich. At a reception in Berin, he was introduced to Hitler, "Ah yes!" said Hitler: "Switzerland! What is the population of your country?" "Just over two million" replied the ambassador. "Do you realise that next Monday morning I could put four million stormtroopers into your country? What would you do then?" The ambassador repied:" In that case, Herr Reichfuher, everybody would have to shoot twice!"
Hitler never invaded Switzerland.
Fred
Switzerland as a neutral was more useful to Herr H as his banker, than if it had been occupied........
or more likely he needed the troops for his Russian trip, and the cost of invasion in troops,materiel and time was more than he was willing to pay at that point in the proceedings :p
Post 1940, this was certainly a factor. Prior to 1941, they certainly had a plan drawn up to invade Switzerland (called Operation Tannenbaum)

The story is that they weren't expecting the French to capitulate so quickly, and thus the idea was to invade Switzerland in the Autumn, after taking France by the end of the summer.....but France's quick capitulation and our losses at Dunkirk etc., made them focus on Operation Sea Lion instead, thinking we'd be an easy push over as well.

The focus was always Soviet Union in 1941....
GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

#25 Post by GeeRam »

Mauserbill wrote:Hello
How could anybody not want one of these beauties.
But at £3900 i am afraid it time to call "Oh Matron"
I certainley would love one, and with the ZF4 as well............but, as I warned you, they are not cheap.

I've seen one of their MP44 replicas (in 7.92x33) up close a few years ago at Bisley, as a guy was shooting one in the next lane to us.........and they are high quality.
Vossie
Home club or Range: Bisley

#26 Post by Vossie »

I have an M1 Carbine, it's a great rifle accurate and manageable recoil. As previously stated can be downloaded for gallery. Did very well at 200 as well.
Certainly turns heads at the range.
I even know a fella selling one, lovely dark wood, heat shield, it's the nads.