Zoli/Howa/Krico/Santa Barbera .300WM

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

wildrover77

Re: Zoli/Howa/Krico/Santa Barbera .300WM

#11 Post by wildrover77 »

I am not to worried about a used .300 in a stalking format. How many rounds do people actually fire through one if hunting.
Duey
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Offas Dyke, Pickering, North Cotes Butts and Grove small arms

#12 Post by Duey »

My WM is just past 2k rounds, but I did notice that it has probably gone from 1/2moa, to about 1 MOA, since around 1.4k rounds, so depends what your expectation is on accuracy, so you will need to possibly factor in a rebarell, so may actually be more cost effective to look for a new rifle

As per what is expected from a hunting rifle, well some people only shoot 1/2 dozen rounds a year and some will shoot a barrel out in two seasons, often a hunting rifle will be multiuse and do more target work than hunting

No black and white answers to your questions I’m afaraid but happy hunting
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

#13 Post by kennyc »

wildrover77 wrote:I am not to worried about a used .300 in a stalking format. How many rounds do people actually fire through one if hunting.
depends on their pocket O:-) thats a lot of powder to get a couple of hundred fps :D what are you planning to shoot with it ?
wildrover77

#14 Post by wildrover77 »

Unicorns and dragons
wildrover77

#15 Post by wildrover77 »

Duey wrote:My WM is just past 2k rounds, but I did notice that it has probably gone from 1/2moa, to about 1 MOA, since around 1.4k rounds, so depends what your expectation is on accuracy, so you will need to possibly factor in a rebarell, so may actually be more cost effective to look for a new rifle

As per what is expected from a hunting rifle, well some people only shoot 1/2 dozen rounds a year and some will shoot a barrel out in two seasons, often a hunting rifle will be multiuse and do more target work than hunting

No black and white answers to your questions I’m afaraid but happy hunting
I reckon the majority of rifles in the country are at the lower end of the use scale. Certainly a traditional style of rifle is very unlikly to be owned by someone shooting thousands of target rounds. I am hoping being a win mag the round count will be lower than a more conventional calibre.