A J Parker Target Sight

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

A J Parker Target Sight

#1 Post by Pippin89 »

Hi all. I have a Mauser M98 target rifle that I am yet to shoot. Been giving it a once over today and had a look at the sights and had a quick look around to see if it's worth replacing. Turns out someone is selling the same sight for £250 which seems a lot for what is possibly a 50 year old sight.....
Can anyone shed any light? Is it worth upgrading? If so what to? Or have I hit gold having this on there and I should leave it well alone??
The sight is an A J Parker T.Z.K/68.
I will attach some pictures later. Doesnt seem to work from my phone. But the link below is the same sight.

I dont know anything about these older sights so any help would be appreciated!

https://www.emma-rifles.co.uk/product/o ... -sight-39/
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

Re: A J Parker Target Sight

#2 Post by dromia »

The Twin Zeros are an excellent and now desirable and collectible target aperture sight.

Why would you want to replace it and if so what with? Unless you are wanting to go telescopic.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

Re: A J Parker Target Sight

#3 Post by Pippin89 »

dromia wrote:The Twin Zeros are an excellent and now desirable and collectible target aperture sight.

Why would you want to replace it and if so what with? Unless you are wanting to go telescopic.
Definitely not telescopic. It is my first fullbore rifle, and it's very different to the Smallbore sights I'm used to. As it's an older rifle I thought something more modern may be a good idea. However, after seeing how desirable these are I'm thinking it's not worth bothering. I have an adaptor so that I can use the adjustable iris off my Smallbore. That might be the best plan to be honest!