Schmidt and Bender 12x56 scope - anyone used one?

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

jmc67
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley

Schmidt and Bender 12x56 scope - anyone used one?

#1 Post by jmc67 »

I recently got myself a Schmidt and Bender 12x56 rifle scope to put on my AUG. I've not been able to find out anything about these, and I guess it was made a while back (says "West Germany" on it). I was wondering if anyone has one or has used one before, and can shed any light on when they were made? I've reached out to S&B as well. Attached are a couple of images of it.
Attachments
578A3277 small.jpg
578A3275 small.jpg
DL.

Re: Schmidt and Bender 12x56 scope - anyone used one?

#2 Post by DL. »

I've got the 12x42, been using it for years on my .223, they are not common. The fine reticle is pretty damn good for distance.

Old photo:

Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#3 Post by Ovenpaa »

We have a 12x56 here which the Viking has owned for years. I am not sure which rifle she has it on right now however what I can say is it is superb glass and vastly superior to my 4-16X PMII for clarity (To my eyes) I did speak to S und B and all they said was it was the same as the Hungarian built models but built in Berlin and with a higher magnification. Which, as far as I was concerned meant it is completely different to the Hungarian models!

They are cm clicks from memory, 'ours' is a 4 post and they are from the 1990s.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Gh0st
Home club or Range: FDPC

#4 Post by Gh0st »

Ive got an 8x56 S&B, great little scope! Sat there doing nowt at the moment tho
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

http://www.bulletsandpixels.co.uk www.fdpc.org.uk
Geek
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: Diggle Range and Rossendale Fusiliers

#5 Post by Geek »

I have a 12-50 PMII P4 fine ret on my AI AT and in my opinion a fantastic scope.

Isn't it a bit over scoped for an AUG? I had a 2.5 - 10 Viper Vortex PST on my AUG (in the process of changing the AUG for a Remington 700 .223 in an MDT stock).
Regards,

Geek

AI AT (.308/6.5CM), Ruger PR (6.5CM), American Rimfire (.22LR), Remington 700 (.223), Marlin underlever .38/.357/.44, Savage 6BR, RimfireMagic .22LR, Fabarm Lion (s1), Fabarm Axis Baikal S/S
jmc67
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley

#6 Post by jmc67 »

The reticle on mine is I think what is called a German #4.

As for it being overscoped for my AUG, the reason I went for it was as follows. I have a 3.5-10x scope on there at the moment, which I use on 10x all the time, and found myself wanting a bit more magnification. So I wanted a fixed magnification scope with a bit more magnification. I'd heard about this scope a while back, so when I found one, I thought I'd give it a go. If it doesn't do it for me, I'll put it on something else.