Good news from the folks at LMT in USA

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

breacher
Home club or Range: EBSC

Good news from the folks at LMT in USA

#1 Post by breacher »

So, being as my LMT is very slow to sell, I e-mailed LMT USA to see how costly it would be to ( if even possible ) convert to semi-auto..........in case it just does not sell here. Because, taking it over is possible ( already got permission and paperwork to take my BSA Martini and Stalking rifle )

Well, the good news is that it CAN be done ! It would need a new barrel ( $600 will get me the same barrel as it already has but with gas parts - the 16" stainless ) and it will need either a gas key ( a few dollars ) or a BCG ( a bit more ) depending on whether my BCG has a bleed hole under the existing trimmed gas key. If no hole, I am told one can be drilled which might negate the need for a new BCG.

So, all in all, very reassuring - maybe a new barrel and a new lease of life if it does not sell..................or if it does sell, a new LMT anyway - its nice to be in a win / win situation for a change !

And the really nice chap at LMT said it would really please him to help me restore my LMT "to the way it should be".

Hats off to LMT by the way - thoroughly helpful and e-mails replied to in seconds !!!
http://www.phoenixtactical.co.uk

RFD 2043 Cambridgeshire
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: Good news from the folks at LMT in USA

#2 Post by Blackstuff »

I'm surprised they can't just drill the gas port in your existing barrel?
DVC
Airbrush
Home club or Range: Nra

#3 Post by Airbrush »

I’d keep it as it is as a curiosity for the Yanks & spend the money on a .223 AR. Probably be more accurate in its current state too.
Alan D
Home club or Range: Private range

#4 Post by Alan D »

Airbrush wrote:I’d keep it as it is as a curiosity for the Yanks & spend the money on a .223 AR. Probably be more accurate in its current state too.
Great if you can take it to the US.
.More accurate in its SP state? How do you work that out, considering the rifle dosent unlock until the bullets left the barrel in semi automatic anyway?
breacher
Home club or Range: EBSC

#5 Post by breacher »

Blackstuff wrote:I'm surprised they can't just drill the gas port in your existing barrel?
Because gas parts.

The new barrel has them built in.
http://www.phoenixtactical.co.uk

RFD 2043 Cambridgeshire
Andy632
Home club or Range: Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club (& Cawdor Rifle Club)

#6 Post by Andy632 »

breacher wrote:
Blackstuff wrote:I'm surprised they can't just drill the gas port in your existing barrel?
Because gas parts.

The new barrel has them built in.
Yup, when I had my M14 made for me, they charged an Extra 100 dollars to supply a barrel without the gas hole!!!

wtf
Rifle & Pistol Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club.
DaveB
Home club or Range: Wellington Service Rifle Assocaition; NZ Deerstalkers Association; Wairarapa Pistol & Shooting Sports Club

#7 Post by DaveB »

Carl Lewis is a pretty resourceful guy - if it can be done, he'll figure out a way to do it.