Oberland 223 second hand no much risk?

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

froggy
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: HPRP (UK) + Corsaires Malouins (France) + Czech Rep

Re: Oberland 223 second hand no much risk?

#11 Post by froggy »

Never ceases to amaze me ....
that someone would actually consider wasting expensive GP90 or "decent match ammo" to shoot dynamic practice at distances ranging from 15 to 50 meters... I am so sorry that none of us can actually afford to drive Ferrari, so I afraid we'll have to stick to shooting our 250/300 rounds of cheap & foul smelling Wolf. We are grateful for your advice ;)
Want to shoot pistol ? Don't retreat... reload & run forward !!
http://dynamicshootingcz.co.uk/
breacher
Home club or Range: EBSC

#12 Post by breacher »

froggy wrote:Never ceases to amaze me ....
that someone would actually consider wasting expensive GP90 or "decent match ammo" to shoot dynamic practice at distances ranging from 15 to 50 meters... I am so sorry that none of us can actually afford to drive Ferrari, so I afraid we'll have to stick to shooting our 250/300 rounds of cheap & foul smelling Wolf. We are grateful for your advice ;)
Not advice - an observation.

You failed to see my point though.

Nothing wrong with cheap ammo if it serves the purpose of a particular range or a particular target size / group needed to hit target.

My point was the contradiction of demanding the best quality rifle, best quality scope, best quality mounts and then feeding it cheap ammo or fitting a cheap bipod. The contradiction of searching for a matching numbers original rifle with money no object........until it needs ammo.

After all, in the example you refer to - a £50 rifle with a budget non branded scope will do the job as well as a £5k rifle with £3k scope !

Fullbore rifle at 15 metres ? clapclap
http://www.phoenixtactical.co.uk

RFD 2043 Cambridgeshire
froggy
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: HPRP (UK) + Corsaires Malouins (France) + Czech Rep

#13 Post by froggy »

baulk at paying double per round for decent match ammo so they buy milsurp or even worse, Chinese crap. ...
yes , Let's hang those Milsurp /Chinese crap user heretics !!
Nothing wrong with cheap ammo
Euuuuh .... Can you make-up your mind Breacher ? lol

Fullbore rifle at 15 metres ? clapclap
Yes, distances from 15 to 50/60 meters, as it is a dynamic parcourt shooting from difference positions, barricades, weak/strong hand, single handed, different targets etc ... shot with both a hand-gun & a rifle. A bit like gallery rifle, but just more fun & faster.

£50 rifle with a budget non branded scope will do the job as well as a £5k rifle with £3k scope !
Thanks again for enlightening us with your wisdom but who is talking about scopes ? Where does that 5K rifle come from ? I have seen a wide range of guns used, anything from EVO to USM1, with some AR of all sorts including Norinco (sorry what a bunch of plebs we are...) . BWT, most , if not all rifles are 100% stock as they are also used to shot TAR (Tir Armes Reglementaires), then usually with handloads.

My point was the contradiction of demanding the best quality ...matching numbers
etc... etc... blah-blah-blah .....
Point which had actually sod all to do with the fact that Oberland rifles are well regarded as quality rifles that can be ammo fussy.

Not advice - an observation.
Observation of what ? Most I can read are about unfounded assumptions... wallhead
Want to shoot pistol ? Don't retreat... reload & run forward !!
http://dynamicshootingcz.co.uk/