Staffordshire Sythetic Stocks

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

Sim G
Past Supporter

Staffordshire Sythetic Stocks

#1 Post by Sim G »

I was directed to Staffordshire Synthetic Stocks via an old forum thread elsewhere when researching the possibility of restocking my RPA Interceptor. Turns out they look really good and have a design that I really like. They even seem to have standard models that are drop in for RPA. But, I’d never heard of them! Which let’s be frank, in the tiny market that the UK firearm scene is, I wondered how they were unknown to me.

Anyone got one of their stock fitted? How did is it? What’s the company like a if you’ve used them?
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Cookisan
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: Diggle and MSR&PC

Re: Staffordshire Sythetic Stocks

#2 Post by Cookisan »

I had one of his (Danny?) original stocks for a 308, 10-15 year ago. It was a cast polymer(?) with filler mixed in, plus adjustable butt and check piece. It was well made and finished, my only issue was the fore end was a bit flexible so I opened out the barrel channel so it never touch the barrel when using a bipod. Saying that, I had some reasonable results in FTR with it. Just after I had mine he started experimenting with carbon fibre and kevlar, and baking the stocks which made them massively more rigid!

He moved away from that workshop and I since lost touch. I have since come across some of his later examples and they looked good. Obviously they were on someone else gun so I didn't get a really close look inside and out.

Looking at the website the accessories appear to have been improved.

If I hadn't gone down the MDT aluminium chassis option I would probably have gone back for a chat.
Sandgroper
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: Staffordshire Sythetic Stocks

#3 Post by Sandgroper »

Got a stock from them about 10 years ago, don't what they're like to deal with now but I had no complaints with the service or the stock back then.
“The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.”

Lieutenant General David Morrison

I plink, therefore I shoot.