Scopes. Scopes.Scopes looking forward to this season.

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

Plumose
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: D&DR&RC

Re: Scopes. Scopes.Scopes looking forward to this season.

#11 Post by Plumose »

From what I can see like for like 6.5CM is a little bit more expensive like for like than .308, but for reloading the costs are pretty much identical once you have the dies
Deddington and District Rifle and Revolver Club (D&DR&RC) http://www.ddrrc.net
Triffid
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Wey Valley

#12 Post by Triffid »

NRA Armoury is selling S&B 6.5CM factory fodder at £17/20. It performs fine in my RPR at 600X, but I've not tried it at 1000X nor got any 100 yard groups or chrono data yet.

Triffid
Dellboy
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

#13 Post by Dellboy »

Triffid wrote:NRA Armoury is selling S&B 6.5CM factory fodder at £17/20. It performs fine in my RPR at 600X, but I've not tried it at 1000X nor got any 100 yard groups or chrono data yet.

Triffid

2 guys in our club shot it at 1000 both from Ruger Precisions one had a couple of v bulls all well on the target .
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#14 Post by Alpha1 »

I handload for all my full bore rifles. Some I use jacketed bullets for and some I cast my own. I some times buy .303 or 7.62x51 stuff through the club but I mainly hand load. Some of the replies on this thread got me checking the price of bought ammunition oh my GOD how do you people afford to shoot these things 6.5 creedmore is eye-wateringly expensive and so is .308 match ammo.
Geek
Home club or Range: Diggle Range and Rossendale Fusiliers

#15 Post by Geek »

In my experience factory 6.5 CM is much more expensive than 308, however, to reload it should be comparable (your only cost should be a set of dies). I have only bought about 60 factory 6.5CM when I first bought the rifle, other than that I handload. I have a few factory 308's for plinking, however, for all competitions I handload.

I am also thinking of getting a 6.5CM barrel for my AI AT to shoot out to longer distances and use the 308 up to 600 yards or so.
Regards,

Geek

AI AT (.308/6.5CM), Ruger PR (6.5CM), American Rimfire (.22LR), Remington 700 (.223), Marlin underlever .38/.357/.44, Savage 6BR, RimfireMagic .22LR, Fabarm Lion (s1), Fabarm Axis Baikal S/S
Alpha1

#16 Post by Alpha1 »

My local firearms dealer is an official Ruger supplier he has all the versions in all the calibers in stock. I intend to go and pick his brains and have a look at what's on offer. He also does Bergara and Tikkas. There is no rush I'm still squirreling away funds.

teanews hmm what's next. Oh yeah, an order for 100 .308 bullet pens. Should keep me out of mischief for a while and the dosh will go towards the new acquisition.
Geek
Home club or Range: Diggle Range and Rossendale Fusiliers

#17 Post by Geek »

My two (AI AT [308] and Ruger PR[6.5CM]):
Attachments
IMG_0157.JPG
Regards,

Geek

AI AT (.308/6.5CM), Ruger PR (6.5CM), American Rimfire (.22LR), Remington 700 (.223), Marlin underlever .38/.357/.44, Savage 6BR, RimfireMagic .22LR, Fabarm Lion (s1), Fabarm Axis Baikal S/S
Alpha1

#18 Post by Alpha1 »

Nice set up. Thanks for the pics.
breacher
Home club or Range: EBSC

#19 Post by breacher »

Alpha1 wrote:I handload for all my full bore rifles. Some I use jacketed bullets for and some I cast my own. I some times buy .303 or 7.62x51 stuff through the club but I mainly hand load. Some of the replies on this thread got me checking the price of bought ammunition oh my GOD how do you people afford to shoot these things 6.5 creedmore is eye-wateringly expensive and so is .308 match ammo.
Depends how you value your time.

I am not sure how much you get paid per hour at work. But for me, if I spend the hours I would spend on reloading, on work instead ( regular hours or overtime ) the pay will buy more ammunition than the hour spent on reloading would create.

That is before I even think of the amount of kit involved, the space required, the component cost, petrol consumed travelling to get same etc etc etc
http://www.phoenixtactical.co.uk

RFD 2043 Cambridgeshire