Help on identifying make of scope bases ans rings.

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

Help on identifying make of scope bases ans rings.

#1 Post by Alpha1 »

I have recently acquired a very nice Carl gustaf 6.5x55 that has been converted to a sporting rifle. Its been done really well it shoots great. It came fitted with a Leupold scope with a one inch tube in a set of low rings.
I would like to change the scope to a 30mm medium height jobby. The bases as fitted to the reciever are drilled and tapped they have a stud in the middle thats tapered. The scope rings have a flat base with a round hole in the middle they fit over the tapered stud and are held in place by two grub screws one on each side of the scope ring base. I have searched the internet but can not find any thing similiar. The nearest I can find is the leupold bases and rings but they are not an exact match.
Any help would be appreciated.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: Help on identifying make of scope bases ans rings.

#2 Post by Ovenpaa »

Earlier Apel maybe? Post a picture.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Chapuis

#3 Post by Chapuis »

Sound like Hilver to me. An Australian make that was taken over by Tasco. The Optics Warehouse may have some rings in stock.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#4 Post by Alpha1 »

Chapuis wrote:Sound like Hilver to me. An Australian make that was taken over by Tasco. The Optics Warehouse may have some rings in stock.
Thanks they are Hilver. The only rings I can find are 1". If I want to fit a 30mm scope it looks like I may have to change the bases.
StanDeasy

#5 Post by StanDeasy »

I would say they're Hilver. One of the few mounting systems that enable you to centralize the scope's windage setting. I got some 30mm rings from Norman Clark Gunsmiths a few years ago, so it would be worth giving him a call.