Show your Accuracy International

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

meles meles
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: HBSA

Re: Show your Accuracy International

#91 Post by meles meles »

AI rifles are meant to drop bad oomans quickly and cleanly at extended range: 5.56 millimetre* just doesn't cut the mustard **

*mm, = ikkle French inch substitutes
** Mustard = something as yellow as the French***

*** 'pologies to froggy of this Parish
Badger
CEO (Chief Excavatin' Officer)
Badger Korporashun

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.
"Quelle style, so British"
Geek
Home club or Range: Diggle Range and Rossendale Fusiliers

#92 Post by Geek »

HALODIN wrote:Sorry if that sounded blunt, I'm still in work mode. I meant would you have preferred an AI in .223/5.56 rather than 7.62/.308 or some other caliber? If so how come?

I am thinking about PX the Aug, just feel that I want a bolt action and not a straight pull, since I like AI's an AI in .223 seemed a logical step: my Aug + cash for a secondhand AI .223 was the thinking (obviously not now!). Paying quite a lot of money for a custom remi 700 in an AICS stock just isn't for me.

Therefore maybe a Tikka T3 Tactical in .223 THEN an AI (when I can afford it) - or sod it and trade in for an AI AT? a milestone birthday next year and I am trying to justify an AI AT purchase. The AI AT would just be a bit wasted at the range where I shoot: although one member shoots .338 on the same range 200m!!
Regards,

Geek

AI AT (.308/6.5CM), Ruger PR (6.5CM), American Rimfire (.22LR), Remington 700 (.223), Marlin underlever .38/.357/.44, Savage 6BR, RimfireMagic .22LR, Fabarm Lion (s1), Fabarm Axis Baikal S/S
HALODIN
Home club or Range: Oundle Rifle & Pistol Club

#93 Post by HALODIN »

OK so it sounds like you'd need to apply for a variation for something other than .223/5.56, fair enough, but it's probably worth the effort IMO. My new low profile rail for my AT arrived yesterday, it looks a lot better, it's about half the height.

It will deliver on whatever range you shoot it on. :good:
Geek wrote:I am thinking about PX the Aug, just feel that I want a bolt action and not a straight pull, since I like AI's an AI in .223 seemed a logical step: my Aug + cash for a secondhand AI .223 was the thinking (obviously not now!). Paying quite a lot of money for a custom remi 700 in an AICS stock just isn't for me.

Therefore maybe a Tikka T3 Tactical in .223 THEN an AI (when I can afford it) - or sod it and trade in for an AI AT? a milestone birthday next year and I am trying to justify an AI AT purchase. The AI AT would just be a bit wasted at the range where I shoot: although one member shoots .338 on the same range 200m!!
Geek

#94 Post by Geek »

HALODIN wrote:OK so it sounds like you'd need to apply for a variation for something other than .223/5.56, fair enough, but it's probably worth the effort IMO. My new low profile rail for my AT arrived yesterday, it looks a lot better, it's about half the height.

It will deliver on whatever range you shoot it on. :good:
Geek wrote:I am thinking about PX the Aug, just feel that I want a bolt action and not a straight pull, since I like AI's an AI in .223 seemed a logical step: my Aug + cash for a secondhand AI .223 was the thinking (obviously not now!). Paying quite a lot of money for a custom remi 700 in an AICS stock just isn't for me.

I already have a slot for a .308/7.62 and .303.
Regards,

Geek

AI AT (.308/6.5CM), Ruger PR (6.5CM), American Rimfire (.22LR), Remington 700 (.223), Marlin underlever .38/.357/.44, Savage 6BR, RimfireMagic .22LR, Fabarm Lion (s1), Fabarm Axis Baikal S/S
HALODIN

#95 Post by HALODIN »

That's one hurdle out of the way... :grin: The only .308 AI I've shot was an AI-AW and it grouped the size of my little finger nail!
Geek

#96 Post by Geek »

Well I finally decided to purchase the AI AT, specification as follows:

.308 26" barrel, folding Stock (Green), tactical muzzle brake.

Now just need to buy a scope.
Attachments
AI AT green.jpg
Regards,

Geek

HALODIN

#97 Post by HALODIN »

goodjob
Geek

#98 Post by Geek »

HALODIN wrote:goodjob

Thank you.

Any advise / recommendation between an S&B PM II 5-25x56 and a 12-50x56 also if the 5-25x56 then FFP or SFP?
Regards,

Geek

HALODIN

#99 Post by HALODIN »

.308 Hornady 168gn TAP should work very nicely in that rifle, it certainly produced a very small group in the AW I shot with it.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#100 Post by Ovenpaa »

Of the two I would opt for the 5-25 PMII FFP, however if I really had the choice I would go for a 4-16 PMII single turn, I have shot with one on my AI for the last decade and cannot fault it, this 'scope with the single turn turrets is so intuitive and performs superbly. The 13,1 mils of elevation comfortably gets me to 1000 yards on a cold day and 1200 yards on a warm day with the 7,62x51

Choice of bullet for me with the 7,62x51 AI is the Lapua 170 Lockbase with N540 behind it.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal