Parker Hale TX1200 Stock

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

Re: Parker Hale TX1200 Stock

#11 Post by Pete »

I'd forgotten about this one! The chances are that this will go for a price well within your budget, and as Artiglio said, is definitely worth a punt............

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

#12 Post by Pippin89 »

artiglio wrote:Or take a look at this

https://auctions.holtsauctioneers.com/a ... &saletype=

If you’ve got a slot on your ticket , may be worth a day off to take a look
Wow that's a find!! And the action fits the HPS stock so when I want to upgrade it it's perfect. It doesn't have sights but for the estimate price who cares.... Thank you guys. I will certainly be keeping an eye on that one!
Pippin89

#13 Post by Pippin89 »

Is that estimate accurate?? £150?
artiglio

#14 Post by artiglio »

Pippin89 wrote:Is that estimate accurate?? £150?
Personally i’d expect it to go for about 5/600 including auctioneers fees max, its not of interest to an rfd unless it goes for the guide and how many private shooters will take the effort to go, you have to assume the barrel is shot out. Most likely its a sale from an estate, easiest way to get rid of it with an open method of sale.
Pippin89

#15 Post by Pippin89 »

artiglio wrote:
Pippin89 wrote:Is that estimate accurate?? £150?
Personally i’d expect it to go for about 5/600 including auctioneers fees max, its not of interest to an rfd unless it goes for the guide and how many private shooters will take the effort to go, you have to assume the barrel is shot out. Most likely its a sale from an estate, easiest way to get rid of it with an open method of sale.
Thanks for the tip. Yeah I was assuming a new barrel would be needed at some point especially being stainless. Someone the other day told me they had one done recently for about £800. I was thinking about submitting a bid of £450. If I get it then that's a lot of rifle for £1250 including a new barrel.... Auction ends on 2nd Jan so I will sit on it and have a think....

Thanks all!
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#16 Post by Pete »

If you're lucky and you score the RPA, you could do worse than getting a Brux barrel blank from Brian Fox and stashing it until you've had a good play........

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
Pippin89

#17 Post by Pippin89 »

artiglio wrote:Or take a look at this

https://auctions.holtsauctioneers.com/a ... &saletype=

If you’ve got a slot on your ticket , may be worth a day off to take a look
Well I placed a sealed bid on this RPA a couple of weeks ago. Auction ended today so I am just waiting to hear if I was the highest bidder! Fingers are crossed...
Pippin89

#18 Post by Pippin89 »

Damn! I bid £485 and it went for £500. Never mind. The hunt continues....

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

https://www.guntrader.uk/guns/rifles/gr ... 2104358031
hitchphil
Home club or Range: Bisley - Mostly

#19 Post by hitchphil »

Holts valuations of good target rifles are way off. The rumour is that RPA themselves are buying back any RPA actions at decent money. Then refurbishing them, new barrel, sights etc & selling on. The No4 with no bolt went for a song! not hard to get & proof a bolt to it. The Musgraves went at good value & will shoot as well as almost anything on there.

If you want to shoot TR with moa iron sights etc then at bottom of the current TR preference list is: Musgrave, then Swing, Grunig, moving up to Paramount & the best ever regarded to be the RPA 2000, then early 2000's Quadlocks (black hex) then the silver hex & finally the Barnard & Quadlites. For ref a new action is c£1k, barrel £900, then account for stock £various & sights £400 + Irises £150 bipod £100 & handstop £50. some 2nd hand deals are great value vs that some not so - you can work them out.
Quality control of Scottish Ethanol. & RDX/HMX

& my fav chemical is :-) 1,3,7-trimethylxanthine.......... used to kill frogs.... but widely consumed & in vast quantities by the French? Eh?
artiglio

#20 Post by artiglio »

If you use facebook, look up “Dehane Cownley” he has a tr setup looking for a new home, no idea what he has, he’s a decent chap so worth a message if nothing else.