NRA Military Adaptive Shooting Championships

A section for news and announcements only.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
HeatherW762
Home club or Range: OSM, NRA Bisley

NRA Military Adaptive Shooting Championships

#1 Post by HeatherW762 »

NRA Military Adaptive Shooting Championships (National Shooting Centre (NSC), Bisley)

The National Rifle Association in conjunction with the Army Target Rifle Association and sponsored/supported by Sport England are proud to present the Inaugural Adaptive Shooting Championships.

This is open to any disabled veteran from any of the Services

To be held on the 4th July 2012 and to coincide with the final of the Army Championships.

Entry is just £20.

More info & entry forms available via www.nra.org.uk

Heather
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye (Miss Piggy)
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

Re: NRA Military Adaptive Shooting Championships

#2 Post by Alpha1 »

Disabled veterans from any of the Services and its sponsored. So why are you charging them it should be free after what they have been through.
HeatherW762
Home club or Range: OSM, NRA Bisley

#3 Post by HeatherW762 »

In better times, I would agree but the sponsorship doesn't cover all costs. However we have got the sponsorship & we are doing something - support would be nice for a change. :good:

Heather
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye (Miss Piggy)
M99
Home club or Range: FCSA(UK)

#4 Post by M99 »

Hi Heather,

I was fortunate to represent the RAF at several different sports, I am surprised that the Army are not covering the costs (I Know times change, but I still represent the RAF at one sport, even though I have long left, but all costs including travel are still covered)

Whilst serving, this included overseas travel and accommodation to compete/practice.

Mike
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#5 Post by Alpha1 »

Has any body asked the MOD if they would be willing to chip in you never know they might cover the short fall.
rox

#6 Post by rox »

MiLisCer wrote:I am surprised that the Army are not covering the costs (I Know times change, but I still represent the RAF at one sport, even though I have long left, but all costs including travel are still covered)

Whilst serving, this included overseas travel and accommodation to compete/practice.
Oddly enough, and quite by chance, I bumped into the captain of the Army Target Shooting club last night on Eurotunnel, 3 cars behind me and also on his way back to Belgium. The high level of support that he and his team receive from the Army was one of our main points of discussion.