NRA Notice of AGM adjournment

A section for news and announcements only.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
HeatherW762
Home club or Range: OSM, NRA Bisley

NRA Notice of AGM adjournment

#1 Post by HeatherW762 »

AGM Notification for 2012

Due to a delay in the preparation of the National Rifle Association accounts for 2011, it has been decided by the Council that the Annual General Meeting should be adjourned until 5.30pm Wednesday 27th June 2012.

To allow this to occur, the previously notified Annual General Meeting due to take place at 5.30pm 15th June 2012, will be opened and immediately adjourned until 27th June 2011.

When the Associations accounts have been finalised they will be sent to all members via email. If you require a printed copy of the accounts please contact NRA Reception (info@nra.org.uk or 01483 797777 x125) so that they can be sent to you as soon as they are produced.

The Council of the National Rifle Association apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause to its members.

Yours faithfully,

Derrick Mabbott
Chief Executive

To download the agenda and a copy of this letter please follow this link:
http://www.nra.org.uk/common/asp/conten ... RA&id=1114

Heather
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye (Miss Piggy)
karen

Re: NRA Notice of AGM adjournment

#2 Post by karen »

Copy of an email I sent to Trustees and General Council earlier today

Dear Trustees

I see that since my previous email that an announcement has now been made on the website and the AGM will now be held on Wednesday 27th June.

Can I now ask you to inform General Council:

a) why is it being held on the Wednesday when it could be held on the Friday or Saturday?

b) why has it taken so long to inform the members when the decision was obviously taken at your Trustees meeting over a week ago?

The Second Schedule says that the AGM must be held by 30 June which means it would make far more sense to hold it on Friday 29 or Sat 30 June when many more members would be able to attend.

Karen
HeatherW762
Home club or Range: OSM, NRA Bisley

#3 Post by HeatherW762 »

Timing was co-incidence as I was primed to send it yesterday but didn't get final OK until today.

Heather
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye (Miss Piggy)
karen

#4 Post by karen »

HeatherW762 wrote: To allow this to occur, the previously notified Annual General Meeting due to take place at 5.30pm 15th June 2012, will be opened and immediately adjourned until 27th June 2011.
Well thats one way of making sure noone asks any awkward questions :lol:

Love

Karen
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#5 Post by Ovenpaa »

It will be interesting to see the accounts as I believe these will be a true indication of the current state of play which may not always have been the case recently.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
karen

#6 Post by karen »

I am actively looking forward to receiving mine as I have a question to ask . . .

Not sharing it yet though :shifty:

love

karen
Ovenpaa

#7 Post by Ovenpaa »

I may have a couple as well Karen, if this is the case perhaps you could ask them for me?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
karen

#8 Post by karen »

No problem

Love

karen
John25

#9 Post by John25 »

ovenpaa wrote:It will be interesting to see the accounts as I believe these will be a true indication of the current state of play which may not always have been the case recently.

Not before time, a series of appointments to produce believable accounts have failed to produce the goods.

These failures have exascerbated the financial problems which have beset the NRA.

Beggars the question, have the right people been sacked?
Gun rhymes with fun.

We are constrained only by the rules of safety and our own imagination.

John

http://www.bisleyshootingservices.co.uk
Ovenpaa

#10 Post by Ovenpaa »

I assume despite being a Charity the NRA are under no obligation to the Charity Commission other than to keep within the legal boundaries of a Charity and submit timely and accurate accounts to the Charity Commission at some point.
/d

Shed Journal