HM the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Imperial Meeting 2012

A section for news and announcements only.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
HeatherW762
Home club or Range: OSM, NRA Bisley

#1 Post by HeatherW762 »

Currently 959 competitors have entered.

All the NRA staff are working hard towards making this year’s Imperial Meeting an enjoyable experience for all that attend. In Shooting Division, however, we are behind with processing the entry forms and many of you have not yet received your receipts for your entry. I ask that you bear with us whilst we catch-up and rectify this situation.

With the departure of all the main shooting Points of Contact for the Meeting, we have had to re-staff and retrain other people to carry out the tasks and systems required. For the Imperial entry system, this has been at very short notice. I understand we are currently lacking in knowledge to make things happen as smoothly as they have in the past, but we will continue to strive to offer good customer service to our members.

In my last message on 30th May I attempted to be clear, concise and factual. Some people have regarded this to be rude and over-bearing, those of you who thought this, please accept my apologies, it was never my intention to do so.

Many people have had previous arrangements to enter and pay when they arrive at Bisley. We have no knowledge of these previous arrangements and these all contradicted the following NRA rule:

The NRA Handbook, rules of Shooting, rule 755. - No entry will be deemed to have been made until full payment of the entrance fee has been received and the appropriate membership fee, or affiliation fee in the case of a club or association, has been received for the current year.

Without question we will still discuss individual entry queries to try to facilitate members entering the meeting. For clarification, late entry fees do not apply to Cadets, Overseas, members of HM Forces and for any additional entries to existing entries.

Shooting Division staff are here to help and try to make all competitions enjoyable for all. I can be contacted via contact details below. However, your query might be better fielded by going directly to the specific point of contact (details below).

• Service Rifle and Civilian SR Peter Cottrell sr@nra.org.uk

• Schools Meeting Peter Turner schools@nra.org.uk

• IHAM Chris Farr chris.farr@nra.org.uk

• Pistol and Gallery Rifle Meeting Neil Francis galleryrifle@nra.org.uk

• Teams Chris Farr chris.farr@nra.org.uk

• Individual Squadding Shooting Division Staff squadding@nra.org.uk

• General shooting administration Sally Agnew sally.agnew@nra.org.uk

I hope you all have a great weekend and are taking full advantage of the extra bank holiday.

Regards,

Brian Thomas
Head of Shooting and Competitions
National Rifle Association
Bisley Camp
Brookwood
Surrey
GU24 0PB

Tel: +44 (0) 1483 798808
Fax: +44 (0) 1483 797285
Email: brian.thomas@nra.org.uk
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye (Miss Piggy)