From the NRA website.

A section for news and announcements only.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

From the NRA website.

#1 Post by Alpha1 »

The NRA has been advised that MoD has revised the Policy for all non-military, non-essential activity on the Defence Estate with effect 2359 hours on Sunday September 2020. This follows new guidelines announced by the Government on 9th September 2020.

The impact of the new MoD Policy is that all NRA Club bookings on outdoor MoD ranges have been paused. Clubs should expect to receive a booking cancellation notice from DIO/Landmarc in due course.

The NRA recognises that this will be a disappointment for Clubs that rely on access to MoD ranges. We will continue to monitor the situation and publish updates on the NRA website.

Nic Couldrey

Regional Ranges Manager

11th September 2020
Alpha1

From the NRA web site MOD range access is paused.

#2 Post by Alpha1 »

The NRA has been advised that MoD has revised the Policy for all non-military, non-essential activity on the Defence Estate with effect 2359 hours on Sunday September 2020. This follows new guidelines announced by the Government on 9th September 2020.

The impact of the new MoD Policy is that all NRA Club bookings on outdoor MoD ranges have been paused. Clubs should expect to receive a booking cancellation notice from DIO/Landmarc in due course.

The NRA recognises that this will be a disappointment for Clubs that rely on access to MoD ranges. We will continue to monitor the situation and publish updates on the NRA website.

Nic Couldrey

Regional Ranges Manager

11th September 2020
redcat
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Teesdale P&R Club.

Re: From the NRA web site MOD range access is paused.

#3 Post by redcat »

Alpha1 wrote:The NRA has been advised that MoD has revised the Policy for all non-military, non-essential activity on the Defence Estate with effect 2359 hours on Sunday ?? September 2020.

Nic Couldrey

Regional Ranges Manager

11th September 2020
Missed out the date, Dave.

Redcat
If you think you are a person of some importance, try ordering someone else's dog around.
Daryll
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Isle Target Sports Club

#4 Post by Daryll »

So did the NRA.. :-)
Christel
Site Admin

#5 Post by Christel »

13th would be my guess as the new 6 person rule comes into force on Monday 14th.
Alpha1

#6 Post by Alpha1 »

I am assuming its from 23:59 this Sunday the 13th. As far as I am aware it does not affect Bisley.
phaedra1106
Past Supporter

Re: From the NRA website.

#7 Post by phaedra1106 »

We're shooting this Sunday morning. I'm assuming it'll be our last one as Nic's email doesn't give the date for which Sunday in September it'll take effect on!! lol

I added the date to the copy I sent our members earlier today so they weren't confused, I've still had a quite few emails and texts asking if we're still shooting Sunday morning!.
There's room for all Gods creatures, next to the mash and gravy :)
Alpha1

#8 Post by Alpha1 »

I have said it before and I say it again it's about time the Clubs in the North East got together and built a range of there own. The amount of money the combined Clubs pay to the NRA and Landmarc would finance a range independent of the a---holes at the NRA or Landmarc easily.
Bisley is not shutting down its got a full program of events.
Its time we kicked the MOD ranges into touch.
But it will never happen.
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#9 Post by Blackstuff »

Certainly be a nice idea!
DVC
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#10 Post by dromia »

Well the only thing that is lacking is leadership.

It is lacking nationally and regionally that is why we are left with the organisational dregs of the failure bucket like the NRA and BASC.

It takes people to make things happen, to show leadership, convince, enthuse and do the work.

You putting yourself forward Mr Harding?

If you aren't going to step up to the plate yourself then you cannot damn for the lack of others.

We all know how this works, clubs are usually run by less than a handful of dedicated members sometimes only one or two. You do this safe in the knowledge that despite all the enthusiasm of the membership for the idea during club talk when it comes to going over the top you know you will do so on your own.

A regional range is no doubt a possibility but where are you going to find the people (person) who would be willing to give up a few years of their life to make it happen, altruism is an increasingly rare trait in this selfish, greedy, money centric, globalised shite house that is britain.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/