Update on NRA bid for IPSC shooting in the UK

A section for news and announcements only.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
TJC
Home club or Range: Bisley

Re: Update on NRA bid for IPSC shooting in the UK

#3 Post by TJC »

I feel my membership fees are increasingly being well spent. Good to see.
ordnance

#4 Post by ordnance »

Looks like a good idea, thankfully I can shoot IPSC here and don't leave my firearm at the range. But its a start if anyone is interested in shooting IPSC pistol.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#5 Post by Alpha1 »

I have no idea what IPSC means.
DaveB
Home club or Range: Wellington Service Rifle Assocaition; NZ Deerstalkers Association; Wairarapa Pistol & Shooting Sports Club

#6 Post by DaveB »

International Practical Shooting Confederation.

Basically it is pistol shooting under simulated 'combat' conditions. Drawing from holster, engaging targets - often from cover (I.e. around the corners of buildings, or through windows and doors), sometime shooting on the move, almost always reloading on the move and engaging more targets. Scored according to hits on particular areas of the (very) roughly human-shaped target (A, B, C, and D representing hits on various areas with A being the most 'lethal' and therefore scoring highest) against the time taken to finish the course of fire. Time penalties for misses and for hits on 'no-shoot' targets representing for example, hard cover or hostages.

It is often combined with using a shotgun and rifle to make a '3-gun' match. Great fun!
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#7 Post by Alpha1 »

International Practical Shooting Confederation.

Basically it is pistol shooting under simulated 'combat' conditions. Drawing from holster, engaging targets - often from cover (I.e. around the corners of buildings, or through windows and doors), sometime shooting on the move, almost always reloading on the move and engaging more targets. Scored according to hits on particular areas of the (very) roughly human-shaped target (A, B, C, and D representing hits on various areas with A being the most 'lethal' and therefore scoring highest) against the time taken to finish the course of fire. Time penalties for misses and for hits on 'no-shoot' targets representing for example, hard cover or hostages.

It is often combined with using a shotgun and rifle to make a '3-gun' match. Great fun!
Sounds like fun but how do you manage the pistol shooting bit how can you re load on the move pistols are illegal aren't they. Or am I missing some thing.
ordnance

#8 Post by ordnance »

Sounds like fun but how do you manage the pistol shooting bit how can you re load on the move pistols are illegal aren't they. Or am I missing some thing.
You just drop out one mag and load another. Its popular in this part of the UK.

Northern Ireland Practical Shooting Confederation: IPSC.

http://www.ipscni.org/
DaveB
Home club or Range: Wellington Service Rifle Assocaition; NZ Deerstalkers Association; Wairarapa Pistol & Shooting Sports Club

#9 Post by DaveB »

The fact that pistols are basically illegal in England would make IPSC a bit of a challenge. Maybe they are trying to get IPSC recognised as a way to regaining pistols perhaps?

Check out this IPSC video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8a_n3phvb4
techguy

#10 Post by techguy »

IPSC isn't just pistol shooting. It's shotguns and rifles too.