NRA Strategic Review 2015-17

A section for news and announcements only.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
techguy

NRA Strategic Review 2015-17

#1 Post by techguy »

Worth a read, some interesting parts; particularly for those who don't shoot at Bisley due to distance...

http://www.nra.org.uk/common/asp/conten ... RA&id=1601

All positive changes..
John MH

Re: NRA Strategic Review 2015-17

#2 Post by John MH »

No mention of the IPSC Bid in their strategy but getting them to admit it failed is proving difficult. I wonder if its omission in the strategy an admission that its not going to be pursued?

Some good stuff in there though.
Dougan

#3 Post by Dougan »

Interesting read - All good stuff, particularly the range improvements; electronic targets and more covered points on some ranges...and more support for the regions too... :good:
hitchphil
Home club or Range: Bisley - Mostly

#4 Post by hitchphil »

New range behind Melville would work well with Butt Zero but might limit use of 900yds especially if 1000yds & 11/1200 is used. Have always thought the space behind the 100yds FP On Siberia shielded by a backstop wall could support 100yds prone 22, allow more of the 100yds FP to be used on Siberia & all the 200 FPs too. Another area is in front of the the 300m sheds could support prone rifle 100-200yds.

To make the camp more appealing - do something about the NSRA owned cookhouse (20years overdue for demolition) & the NSRA's 'Berlin concrete wall' the JFK lines sheds! & the century loos! (explosives & EOD practice would help).
Quality control of Scottish Ethanol. & RDX/HMX

& my fav chemical is :-) 1,3,7-trimethylxanthine.......... used to kill frogs.... but widely consumed & in vast quantities by the French? Eh?
FredB
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: stourport

#5 Post by FredB »

I have mentioned the disgraceful state of Hut13 to the NRA on several occasions. The problem seems to be that the building was sold to the NSRA who were going to turn it into an accomodation block. Repeated queries to the NSRA have always resulted in "we are about to start"----this has been going on for more than ten years. Presumably, the NSRA is paying the leasing costs on the building and I would have thought that bringing this to the attentions of their members might see some action.
Fred
rox

#6 Post by rox »

hitchphil wrote:Another area is in front of the the 300m sheds could support prone rifle 100-200yds.
Use of the 300m range is already severely restricted due to falling shot problems (crazy in itself). If you cut into that time any more you might as well rip out the best electronic target facility around.

karen

#7 Post by karen »

FredB wrote:I have mentioned the disgraceful state of Hut13 to the NRA on several occasions. The problem seems to be that the building was sold to the NSRA who were going to turn it into an accomodation block. Repeated queries to the NSRA have always resulted in "we are about to start"----this has been going on for more than ten years. Presumably, the NSRA is paying the leasing costs on the building and I would have thought that bringing this to the attentions of their members might see some action.
Fred
Nope - the land belongs to the NSRA so it is totally up to them what they do with it or to be more accurate it belonged to an NSRA director (now deceased) and the NSRA. The building contains asbestos so would be expensive to remove. Allegedly when I worked at the NSRA a hotel chain was going to put a hotel there which would have been open last Easter kukkuk . If so its very well hidden!

The last extension to the planning permission is here

http://www2.guildford.gov.uk/publicacce ... APR_133874

So basically all complaints to the NSRA . . . ;)

love

Karen
hitchphil
Home club or Range: Bisley - Mostly

#8 Post by hitchphil »

rox wrote:
hitchphil wrote:Another area is in front of the the 300m sheds could support prone rifle 100-200yds.
Use of the 300m range is already severely restricted due to falling shot problems (crazy in itself). If you cut into that time any more you might as well rip out the best electronic target facility around.

Agree - Cant the clays range put up a ballistic curtain? - & wasn't there one leftover after the Olympics? Oh yea Blairs mate Coe put paid to anything from that didn't he - another reason not to vote Lab eh?........
Quality control of Scottish Ethanol. & RDX/HMX

& my fav chemical is :-) 1,3,7-trimethylxanthine.......... used to kill frogs.... but widely consumed & in vast quantities by the French? Eh?
FredB
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: stourport

#9 Post by FredB »

Karen: My comment was based on the belief that the NRA had never sold land at Bisley and the NSRA properties were on long term lease---I know that this amounts to the same thing but I would like it cleared up just out of curiosoty.
Fred
karen

#10 Post by karen »

That particular piece of land was sold (late 90s I think).

And before anyone thinks I am letting any huge secrets out of the bag (I'm not as its been common knowledge for years), you can get the details from the minutes of the NSRA AGMs published in the Rifleman.

Love

Karen