Kongsberg electronic targets at Bisley

A section for news and announcements only.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
DaveT

Kongsberg electronic targets at Bisley

#1 Post by DaveT »

Have tried two emails to NRA via the website to get more info on availability and costs but been roundly ignored!

Anyone have any details regarding what was listed in recent journal about these targets?

Specifically I was struggling to understand why the 100, 200 , 300 yard positions have been wired up to use the monitors when what is really wanted is access at the longer distances isn't it?...IE beyond the average spotting scope range.
karen

Re: Kongsberg electronic targets at Bisley

#2 Post by karen »

Doubt if you're being ignored - probably hasn't got to the right person. Who did you email?

As far as I can see from the Journal (which I only got on Friday) the targets aren't there yet and have only been ordered so probably very few people have any info yet.

Love

Karen
DaveT

#3 Post by DaveT »

Karen

Not knowing a specific individual I simply used the 'Contact Us' email feature on the assumption that it is at least monitored periodically.....Nada after many days.....and not for the first time!

I am a member so expect some form of feedback through NRA formal channels as a matter of simple courtesy.

If it has been ordered then presumably there is a plan in place for its implementation and usage so I think my cost etc questions should have a ready answer?

Do you have any inside info?

Cheers

Dave Thain
karen

#4 Post by karen »

Nope - I only know what I read in the Journal. The Contact Us bit used to go to Reception so may very well have been passed onto someone who might be ill/on holiday/wrong person so I would either ring them or wait a bit longer.

And unfortunately if I did have any "inside info" (which I honestly don't) I wouldn't be allowed to post it anyway 8-)

Love

Karen
DaveT

#5 Post by DaveT »

Karen

Thanks & Understood.......given the likely interest its an odd thing to do to announce something on so vague a basis though.
Strangely Brown
Home club or Range: NRA

#6 Post by Strangely Brown »

Dave,
Surely the clue is in the bit that says,
"Developing and delivering an effective service to support what is already a substantial investment will test our staff, and it will be interesting to see how the targets stand up to a heavy rate of attrition".

If they haven't been delivered, yet alone installed surely it's taking the pi55 to ask the NRA what they are going to charge to use them!
Mick
Demonic69
Home club or Range: Thurnscoe Rifle Club

#7 Post by Demonic69 »

Why? That's the very first thing the NRA will have thought of