NRA club agreement for the use of MOD ranges

A section for general discussion covering all of our national shooting organisations.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
The National Body General Discussion section is exactly that, a section for all of us to discuss the National Bodies and what they are up to.

Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
tackb

NRA club agreement for the use of MOD ranges

#1 Post by tackb »

As chairman i need to sign this form but i'm a little wobbly at the wording which makes it my responsibility to ensure everything is done ? ie, there is way to many I's and not enough we's for me as i would be signing it on behalf of the club?

anybody done this and have any thoughts?

am i being over cautious?

R
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

Re: NRA club agreement for the use of MOD ranges

#2 Post by dromia »

Yes I have signed it and yes it does seem to all come back on you as the responsible person, the buck has to stop somewhere I suppose.

However when I reflected on it I actually found it useful in focusing me as what we needed to do to run range days and the responsibility that it entails. I also took the view that I cannot be responsible for the unforeseen but as long as I did my part in ensuring that the club reasonable to ensure that it ran its days to a high standard then what could come back onto me was limited. That meant that I had to have absolute trust in those people, the Secretary, RCOS and all others from the club who would be involved in running the range. And that is how it should be if we want to keep our sport safe and above reproach.

At the end of the day someone needs to sign it if you want to book MoD ranges.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
tackb

#3 Post by tackb »

thanks dromia

well i've spoke with the secretary and he in turn has spoke with heather at the NRA and apparently i'm just signing on behalf of the club , why doesn't it just say that then,and replace the i's with we's ?

still not entirely happy but i guess i'll have to sign it . tesnews
Hauptman

#4 Post by Hauptman »

Same responsibility thing applies if you book a Bisley range as an individual. If you read the top of the signing-in forms in the NRA range office, you will see that the person signing for the target is accepting responsibility for ensuring that any shooters that accompany him/her abide by the NRA rules as defined in the "Bisley Bible".

H/man