September NRA Journal

A section for general discussion covering all of our national shooting organisations.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
The National Body General Discussion section is exactly that, a section for all of us to discuss the National Bodies and what they are up to.

Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
ResearchPress
Home club or Range: Long Range Rifles Branch of the MLAGB

Re: September NRA Journal

#11 Post by ResearchPress »

targetman wrote:Sorry, but I still think it is a bit "lightweight".........plus page 34 shows uncaptioned pictures of muzzleloaders being shot within an article on the 2012 Match Rifle competitions..... any???? any????
To mark the 150th Anniversary of the Elcho Shield the MLAGB had a display of muzzle loading match rifles as used in the early matches at the English Eight Club. They also gave a demonstration of match rifle shooting at long range. Pictured on p.34 are top The Earl of Wemyss and March and below Lord Elcho, who amongst others had a shoot with the muzzle loading rifles.

A pity this couldn't have been explained as I am sure you are not to the only one to wonder about the inclusion of the pictures.

David
www.researchpress.co.uk - www.facebook.com/ResearchPress
Firearms, long range target shooting and associated history
ptheta
Home club or Range: TFSA

#12 Post by ptheta »

I've not got mine yet. Do they all go out on the same day?
Christel
Site Admin

#13 Post by Christel »

ptheta wrote:I've not got mine yet. Do they all go out on the same day?
Not as far as I am aware of O:-)
targetman

#14 Post by targetman »

To mark the 150th Anniversary of the Elcho Shield the MLAGB had a display of muzzle loading match rifles as used in the early matches at the English Eight Club. They also gave a demonstration of match rifle shooting at long range. Pictured on p.34 are top The Earl of Wemyss and March and below Lord Elcho, who amongst others had a shoot with the muzzle loading rifles.
Hello David

Yes, I got the import of the picture but it was confusing in the context and I think shows rather poor attention to detail. To the uninitiated it held no meaning at all.
ResearchPress
Home club or Range: Long Range Rifles Branch of the MLAGB

#15 Post by ResearchPress »

targetman wrote:To the uninitiated it held no meaning at all.
I agree, it's poor editing.

Same happened last issue in the 'The spirit of the original' article. Muzzle loading shooting was dismissed in one sentence and muzzle loading rifles get no mention at all. Despite that the chosen pictures of rifle shooting were all muzzle loading while the article focuses on breech loaders....

David
www.researchpress.co.uk - www.facebook.com/ResearchPress
Firearms, long range target shooting and associated history