New head of NRA Training and Membership

A section for general discussion covering all of our national shooting organisations.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
The National Body General Discussion section is exactly that, a section for all of us to discuss the National Bodies and what they are up to.

Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

Re: New head of NRA Training and Membership

#31 Post by Mike357 »

shugie wrote:Weren't David Lloyd (which has 80 UK clubs according to its website) fairly notorious at one point for having memberships that auto-renewed and were nigh on impossible to cancel? Tales of people going in for a free try out and ending up paying a year's subs seemed to be commonplace a while back?
Not anymore, easy to join and easy to leave!
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
The Cupcake Kid

#32 Post by The Cupcake Kid »

Just about 1 month in the job and I've heard nothing from or about this new appointment. Has anyone else?

Anyone know if any new initiatives are being planned?

Communication is the key!
"Wherever Pie Man is, The Cupcake Kid will not be far behind"
John25

#33 Post by John25 »

All NRA members have direct access to the top.

Your General Council member will (should) have had a hand in electing the Trustees. The Trustees are mandated to run the NRA. In the past, many of these trustees were ex military, retired Colonels and the like, many of whom couldn't run the watchbill in a two man submarine.

The current Trustees were chosen for their various skills in the hope of improving things, so if, as an NRA member, you have a point to make, make it to your CG rep. If it meets GC approval, the Trustees will be tasked with sorting it.

Suggesting, knocking, moaning etc. on this forum serves no useful purpose.

If you are not an NRA member - party2

By the way, General Council meets this afternoon, the Tustess met early this morning so you will have to wait for the next meeting.

Me? I resigned and this afternoon I'm off to meet some friends for a few noggins and a lovely meal.

I hope they have a very constructive meeting.

:cheers:
Gun rhymes with fun.

We are constrained only by the rules of safety and our own imagination.

John

http://www.bisleyshootingservices.co.uk
The Cupcake Kid

#34 Post by The Cupcake Kid »

John25 wrote:All NRA members have direct access to the top.

Your General Council member will (should) have had a hand in electing the Trustees. The Trustees are mandated to run the NRA. In the past, many of these trustees were ex military, retired Colonels and the like, many of whom couldn't run the watchbill in a two man submarine.

The current Trustees were chosen for their various skills in the hope of improving things, so if, as an NRA member, you have a point to make, make it to your CG rep. If it meets GC approval, the Trustees will be tasked with sorting it.

Suggesting, knocking, moaning etc. on this forum serves no useful purpose.

:cheers:
I was under the impression a forum is a place one could make a point and perhaps provoke some discussion around that point. I'm not expecting the NRA to read this and act on my suggestions/moans and I'm well aware I could approach the NRA and ask them what's happening.

If the NRA want to continue to operate behind closed doors and not inform their membership of their plans, actions, strategies etc. then I doubt very much that I'm going to be able to change that.

Hopefully, your reply was tongue-in-cheek and I'll take it as such.

Oh, and I've no idea who my GC rep would be. How would I know?
rox

#35 Post by rox »

The Cupcake Kid wrote:Oh, and I've no idea who my GC rep would be. How would I know?
I think it should be in the Journal - unless that section has been cut because it was 'boring', or to make space for more ads etc.

Christel
Site Admin

#36 Post by Christel »

The Cupcake Kid wrote:
John25 wrote: Suggesting, knocking, moaning etc. on this forum serves no useful purpose.
I was under the impression a forum is a place one could make a point and perhaps provoke some discussion around that point. I'm not expecting the NRA to read this and act on my suggestions/moans and I'm well aware I could approach the NRA and ask them what's happening.
I hope the forum is a place to make a point and to discuss things, might even change somebody's point of view, might even change something somewhere for the better.
John25

#37 Post by John25 »

I agree, I perhaps should also have said, merely moaning on this forum etc.

Your area rep should be in the journal. Failing that email the NRA and they should be able to tell you.

Failing that PM me and I will call in to the NRA on Monday.

All said (typed) with a smile and a hug!

:wave:
Gun rhymes with fun.

We are constrained only by the rules of safety and our own imagination.

John

http://www.bisleyshootingservices.co.uk
HeatherW762
Home club or Range: OSM, NRA Bisley

#38 Post by HeatherW762 »

The Cupcake Kid wrote:Just about 1 month in the job and I've heard nothing from or about this new appointment. Has anyone else?

Bu**er, why do people ask questions just before we send stuff out?? ****

We are working on lots of 'stuff' but most things have to go through Council before we can implement and that takes time sign01

There should be an email going out on Monday about training courses etc and we will be putting stuff up on the website, out on email & in the journal as much as we can.

Have to admit that I'm feeling a lot happier in my job since Richard got here :cheers:

Heather
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye (Miss Piggy)
dodgyrog
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: Three Counties Sporting Club & Gardners Guns

#39 Post by dodgyrog »

Glad to hear you're happy - perhaps we can be content that the new is settling in positively then.
Purveyor of fine cast boolits.
All round good guy and VERY grumpy old man.
The Cupcake Kid

#40 Post by The Cupcake Kid »

HeatherW762 wrote:
The Cupcake Kid wrote:Just about 1 month in the job and I've heard nothing from or about this new appointment. Has anyone else?

Bu**er, why do people ask questions just before we send stuff out?? ****
Coz you're too slow tongueout

Only joking :lol: I'm glad you're feeling more settled because we don't want to lose anyone else!

Don't get me wrong, the regular email updates we now get is a step forward but it does seem I have to wait until I get the latest Journal for a lot of information which should be readily available on the NRA website or communicated to us in a more timely manner.

We see evidence of the NRA teetering on the brink of oblivion every time we visit the camp, so some reassurance that something really is going on to save it would be reassuring and would show there is a real intent to change things for the better.

Other NRA members I meet are asking the same questions and expressing the same concerns, so it's not just me having a moan. If you're saying that Richard is prevented from circulating an email to all members introducing himself and setting out his stall because he has to go through some long-winded approval process with Council, then that's the first thing that needs to change because there's no place for that sort of nonsense in an organisation fighting for its very survival.

Anyway, it's Friday, it's almost cocktail-o'clock and a sunny BBQ weekend beckons so I'll bid you all farewell and hope next week brings us all good news and successful shooting! :cheers: