New head of NRA Training and Membership

A section for general discussion covering all of our national shooting organisations.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
The National Body General Discussion section is exactly that, a section for all of us to discuss the National Bodies and what they are up to.

Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
Strangely Brown
Home club or Range: NRA

New head of NRA Training and Membership

#1 Post by Strangely Brown »

I recieved this email this morning from the NRA.
Does anybody know Richard Blackmore, and does he have any shooting background?
I'm not surgesting he should have a shooting background, but the bit that leaves me wondering if this is the right appointment for the job is the fact that he has worked in over 60 different health clubs.
I hope he hasn't targeted (pun intended!) the NRA for yet another line on his CV!

"NRA Head of Membership & Training

I am pleased to announce that Richard Blackmore has been appointed as Head of Membership & Training.

Richard has joined the NRA after 13 years in the health and fitness industry where he worked for David Lloyd Leisure for 5 years and more recently the industry’s trade association, The Fitness Industry Association, holding the position of Sales & Membership Director.

Richard has a track record of growing and developing membership bases which in turn has helped increase the representation within the relevant sector. Having worked in over 60 different health clubs plus with large organisations within the private and public sectors of sport Richard will bring valuable experience to the organisation on creating partnerships and developing new member initiative’s.

Throughout his career he has been responsible for delivering internal training on best practice including customer service and communications and this will become an initial focus in the early days of his role to ensure NRA members receive a high quality service from their National Governing Body.
He can be contacted on richard.blackmore@nra.org.uk.

Derrick Mabbott

Acting Chief Executive"
Mick
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

Re: New head of NRA Training and Membership

#2 Post by dromia »

I look forward to meaningful membership offer for non Bisley rifle shooters.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Gun Pimp

#3 Post by Gun Pimp »

dromia wrote:I look forward to meaningful membership offer for non Bisley rifle shooters.
Absolutely! Let's hope he has a look at the US NRA as a model - membership is about $50
dodgyrog
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: Three Counties Sporting Club & Gardners Guns

#4 Post by dodgyrog »

dromia wrote:I look forward to meaningful membership offer for non Bisley rifle shooters.
Don't hold your breath!

I do, however wish him well, as he has a very difficult task ahead.
Purveyor of fine cast boolits.
All round good guy and VERY grumpy old man.
The Cupcake Kid

#5 Post by The Cupcake Kid »

He's originally from Grimsby, which should please the straight-talking Northerners here...
"Wherever Pie Man is, The Cupcake Kid will not be far behind"
Doz
Past Supporter

#6 Post by Doz »

Not this Richard Blackmore is it? (This is not intended as a serious post for those of yuz with limited time and/or patience ;) )
Christel
Site Admin

#7 Post by Christel »

Doz, show your age tongueout
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

#8 Post by kennyc »

I hope to be proven wrong,but he looks like a high speed low drag sort of guy, in and out before the brown stuff hits the fan! 60 health clubs in 13 years? what was he on ? day release?
Dangermouse

#9 Post by Dangermouse »

I look forward to receiving my 2 free vouchers through the post for my friends and family to try the facilities for free before joining up...

He will find the restrictions on shooters in his market place a difficult one to market.
Having said that, as a sales man with a sales CV he must surely have considered his chances of getting something positive out of this for his future CV. If he leaves us in a worse state he will not be doing his career any good.

Time will tell,

DM
Without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of civilisation, of the massacre of mankind.
Forever Autumn, War of the Worlds.
AHPP

#10 Post by AHPP »

kennyc wrote:I hope to be proven wrong,but he looks like a high speed low drag sort of guy, in and out before the brown stuff hits the fan! 60 health clubs in 13 years? what was he on ? day release?
I know the sort of chap you mean, Ken. My old next door neighbour was the guy at G4S who ballsed up the Olympic security. He had a very similar career. Lots of bullshit consultancy (a consultant being someone who borrows your watch to tell you the time) lasting a year or so a time.
I roared with laughter when I saw him on the news. He was a prick when I knew him too.