Has any one Got a NSRA sss Card

A section for general discussion covering all of our national shooting organisations.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
The National Body General Discussion section is exactly that, a section for all of us to discuss the National Bodies and what they are up to.

Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
Ranger

Has any one Got a NSRA sss Card

#1 Post by Ranger »

HI my first post so be kind
I would like to Know if any other shooters have been issued NSRA sss cards???????
I beleive the nsra have issued them and the NRA have gone nuts about it........
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

Re: Has any one Got a NSRA sss Card

#2 Post by dromia »

Welcome Ranger! :wave:

Why don't you introduce yourself in the new members forum?

Haven't heard of the NSRA issuing SSCs. I assume that they would need to be " accredited" by the MoD to do so?

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#3 Post by Ovenpaa »

Welcome to the forum Ranger, I am not sure if the NSRA can issue SSC's as I thought they were driven by the NRA and issued by the NRA member club, signed by the club chairman.

Interesting...
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Ranger

#4 Post by Ranger »

Thanks for the welcomes, I have come across several apparently there was a fuss at Bisley recently.
20series
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

#5 Post by 20series »

As far as I know the requirement for .22 smallbore clubs who use MOD ranges was never needed.

So NSRA dont issue them, however clubs that also shoot Gallery Rifle may need to have members certified

Alan
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
karen

#6 Post by karen »

Hmmmm interesting

What exactly happened - would be very interested to know

Can you give further details?

Love

karen
Ranger

#7 Post by Ranger »

Its a very very long on going story. At a later date will give details but its all still happening.
The NRSA issue shooters cards valid on Mod ranges not managed by the NRA. The NRA do not recognise these card..... Thats were the problem is.
The resonse by the NRA to one being presented at Bisley was in my veiw disproportionate at there very least.........
The shooter in question also had an NRA card and is a very experienced skilled shooter.
M99
Home club or Range: FCSA(UK)

#8 Post by M99 »

Ranger wrote:Its a very very long on going story. At a later date will give details but its all still happening.
The NRSA issue shooters cards valid on Mod ranges not managed by the NRA. The NRA do not recognise these card..... Thats were the problem is.
The resonse by the NRA to one being presented at Bisley was in my veiw disproportionate at there very least.........
The shooter in question also had an NRA card and is a very experienced skilled shooter.
If the shooter in question already had an NRA card. why would he need another? Mine is signed off for the complete lot - so another would serve no purpose. I also only have one card from my primary club, not requiring one from other clubs I am a member of.

Mike
HeatherW762
Home club or Range: OSM, NRA Bisley

#9 Post by HeatherW762 »

Basically, earlier this year, the MoD wrote a letter saying that they only recognised the NRA as the authority to issue cert cards for fullbore (nothing to do with us not recognising the card - the MoD doesn't recognise it). NSRA can issue cards for smallbore on MoD land but they didn't change the layout of the cards and so some smallbore clubs have issued them to fullbore shooters.

When we were presented with these cards - bearing in mind that this was just before some people wanted to shoot - we had to sort it out quickly. Some also had cards from fullbore clubs, so no problems, however there were a few that were caught in the middle. To help them out - as it wasn't the shooters fault - we ran assessments by observation on their first shoots and issued them with NRA cards.

Heather
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye (Miss Piggy)
Ranger

#10 Post by Ranger »

Can you please explain the actions of your CEO if this is the case