Northern update

A section for general discussion covering all of our national shooting organisations.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
The National Body General Discussion section is exactly that, a section for all of us to discuss the National Bodies and what they are up to.

Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

Re: Northern update

#11 Post by Mike357 »

What is being overlooked here is the fact that if tempers run high and emotions spill over on the subject of the NRA then it is purely down to a overwhelming desire for the NRA to evolve into an effective body representing ALL Target Shooters across ALL disciplines.

Every shooter wants the NRA to improve, they don't want to see it disappear in a slow lingering and messy death.

Shooters are passionate about their sport and protecting and promoting it and that translates into frustration when that is threatened or there is apparent inaction!

Please, Please NRA, go public, get out there, engage with non members across the country represent us all. Even without facilities north of Bisley, I'd join if I thought I was being well represented and had other benefits othe rthan Bisley!
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
saddler
Home club or Range: NTSA, East Scotland Rifle Club, Vintage Arms Scotland (guest at competitions), Carlisle Small Arms Club (guest for PSG matches)

Re: Northern update

#12 Post by saddler »

The present NRA can be classed as "not fit for purpose" - outside of local/national govenment and charities, such a state of affairs could not exist in a real world environment

They should look back to WHY they were formed, and WHEN - dig out the original Constitution and start appealing to the masses in the ranks of club shooters not just the Home Counties/Bisley-catchment-area Target Rifle folk

Times have moved on, the NRA failed to adapt & has lost direction