Northern update

A section for general discussion covering all of our national shooting organisations.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
The National Body General Discussion section is exactly that, a section for all of us to discuss the National Bodies and what they are up to.

Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
NorthernNRAguy

Northern update

#1 Post by NorthernNRAguy »

I have noted some discussions questioning my actvities in the North East.

All communications with myself on NRA business is done either face to face or via email. I do not and will not conduct NRA business on a web medium such as this.

All NRA club officials and individual members have received an introduction email from myself so should have my contact details. Failing that, I can be reached via the usual NRA email addresses .

If you are interested to know what is going on, please contact me via email .

Regards
Guy
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

Re: Northern update

#2 Post by Mike357 »

How bizarre! The NRA needs to be reaching out to non members but you don't get to find out what is happening unless you are a member.

They are going backwards, not forwards. I'm even less inclined to join given the above!
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
dodgyrog
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: Three Counties Sporting Club & Gardners Guns

#3 Post by dodgyrog »

Mike, despite being a member of the NRA I do not believe they will EVER represent what the average club shooters wants and needs ie an American style NRA with clout the speaks loud and long for ALL shooters.
Sad isn't it.
Guy needs to be more open on here if he wants people (shooters) to believe in him and his representation of them at the General Council.
There's far too much secrecy within the NRA.
My two penn'orth - no more to say on the matter!
Purveyor of fine cast boolits.
All round good guy and VERY grumpy old man.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#4 Post by Ovenpaa »

Words fail me..

If this is the stand of the NRA then it is doomed to anonymity right at the moment that we most need a National body do stand up for UK shooting community.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#5 Post by Alpha1 »

I have noted some discussions questioning my actvities in the North East.

All communications with myself on NRA business is done either face to face or via email. I do not and will not conduct NRA business on a web medium such as this.

All NRA club officials and individual members have received an introduction email from myself so should have my contact details. Failing that, I can be reached via the usual NRA email addresses .

If you are interested to know what is going on, please contact me via email .

Regards
Guy
If you are interested to know what is going on please contact me via email should that not be the other way around you are our rep you should be letting us know what is going on.

Any way as Rog said end of story there is no mileage in this. No point in any further discussion.
NorthernNRAguy

#6 Post by NorthernNRAguy »

Ok, as a point of clarification. This is not NRA policy, merely a choice I have made after reading some of the comments made about me earlier this year , which were quite frankly insulting.

That is all I will say on the matter.
Guy
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#7 Post by Alpha1 »

Ok thats up to you Guy I hear what you are saying. But I get insulted on here all the time I have been called scum a idiot and all sorts of other insults But you can not be slagged off by a better bunch of Guys.
(and Girls)
Lighten up my Freind to cut and run is not the answer say your piece we or I will certainly listen I am interested in what you have to say. But its up to you your decision I am disapointed but its your call.
Mr_Logic

#8 Post by Mr_Logic »

Thick skin is required - it's the web, it's a forum, and people go OTT. However, you need to stand above it. NRA needs all the publicity and hard work it can get, and hiding away on email isn't going to help that!
Christel
Site Admin

#9 Post by Christel »

We have the section National Body News and Announcements which Heather is using, I suggest that the Northern Rep uses this section to inform members and non members about what is going on.

One can think of a forum what one wants however at the end of the day who is using this forum? SHOOTERS!

Be open, communicate with us, dialogue is key!

We are certainly not going to change things if we do not communicate, by hiding we loose our sport.

I, for one am not hiding, I am proud of what I do and my sport.

Over to you, Northern Rep. O:-)
Gaz
Home club or Range: Bisley (usually)

#10 Post by Gaz »

NorthernNRAguy wrote:All communications with myself on NRA business is done either face to face or via email. I do not and will not conduct NRA business on a web medium such as this.
So you're not interested in telling a wider audience about what you're doing in their interests?

People are rude on the internet occasionally. People are also sometimes rude in the bar after a shoot, that doesn't mean you walk out of the bar.
I write words for money - but not here. If you think my words here are written to the same standard as my words for money elsewhere, you're wrong. Have a nice day.

See also www.ukshootingnews.wordpress.com for my take on gun law and target shooting news.