The National Body General Discussion section is exactly that, a section for all of us to discuss the National Bodies and what they are up to.
Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
Interestingly, and I've probably said this before, the armoury at Bisley refused to accept our 'issued on the behalf of the NRA...' SCCs because "how can we trust something not issued by us?". That was an hour of arguing, backwards and forwards between armoury and admin office and wasted range time we had paid for that we'll never get back.
- Posts: 951
- Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:36 am
- Home club or Range: Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club (& Cawdor Rifle Club)
- Location: Highlands
As a Club, we do not shoot on MOD ranges or Bisley.
I believe we can get decent insurance elsewhere.
Is there any point in remaining affiliated??
- Site Admin
- Posts: 19246
- Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:57 am
- Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. HBSA full voting member. Durham Constabulary Gun Club Catterick. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.
- Location: Sutherland and Co Durham
I would be interested if you can get good insurance elsewhere, our club is affiliated but only for the insurance, if equivalent could be got elsewhere at a better price then we would jump on it.
Come on Bambi get some
Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad
Real farmers don't need subsidies
Cow's farts matter!
For fine firearms and requisites visit
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest