The UK's Finest Independent Forum for Shooters and Gun Owners. Est 2010.

Supporting all legal firearm owners, collectors, enthusiasts, shooters and competitors by promoting and encouraging legitimate gun ownership and use in the UK through unity, advocacy and discussion. To REGISTER contact admin(at)full-bore.co.uk
It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:25 am

All times are UTC


Forum rules


The National Body General Discussion section is exactly that, a section for all of us to discuss the National Bodies and what they are up to.

Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Well done to the NRA
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:31 pm
Posts: 8
Home club or Range: Bisley
Take a look at the NRA website news section.
They have worked with the army and government to remove the current restrictions on the movement of cadet rifles.

This is an excellent piece of work by them to remove some unworkable restrictions on the cadets, which was killing the sport.

For once...well done Andrew Mercer.

lollol


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Well done to the NRA
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:08 pm
Posts: 7204
Location: East Lothian
Home club or Range: NTSA, East Scotland Rifle Club, Vintage Arms Scotland (guest at competitions), Carlisle Small Arms Club (guest for PSG matches)
Any updates on them reversing previous lack of support for self loading rifles or pistols?

Nope....just NRA TR type bolt actions.
All for the greater good then.

Wonder what Herr Yardley finks!

_________________
Image
http://www.mooreleather.co.uk


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Well done to the NRA
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:29 pm 
Offline
Site Supporter 2019
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:11 am
Posts: 565
Location: London, Cork, Ayrshire
Home club or Range: HR&PC, NRA, BASC, BDS, BSRC
Good for them, at least if the cadets get trained up there will be a future generation of Grumpy Old Men to complain about the NRA.

_________________
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
- Sigmund Freud


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Well done to the NRA
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 8:15 am
Posts: 394
Location: New Forest
Home club or Range: NRA
saddler wrote:
Any updates on them reversing previous lack of support for self loading rifles or pistols?

Nope....just NRA TR type bolt actions.
All for the greater good then.


Actually no!
This is about the movment of the L98A2 which in civilian terms is a section 5 firearm.

_________________
Mick


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Well done to the NRA
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:13 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:22 pm
Posts: 733
Home club or Range: HRA and LERA
Strangely Brown wrote:
saddler wrote:
Any updates on them reversing previous lack of support for self loading rifles or pistols?

Nope....just NRA TR type bolt actions.
All for the greater good then.


Actually no!
This is about the movment of the L98A2 which in civilian terms is a section 5 firearm.


Errr

It says they are on about the Cadet Target rifle Mick, I am not aware of any issues with the L98 as they get moved about a lot, but dont go abroad as far as I know.

The cadet TR will go to Canada etc, I expect that might be where the issues were, the Public/ACF interface.

I picked a cadet TR up a few months back but its OK, I have washed since :good:


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Well done to the NRA
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:31 pm
Posts: 8
Home club or Range: Bisley
Wasnt the main problem the fact that they needed multiple vehicles and adults to accompany the rifles. ie rifles in one truck with 2 adults, ammo in another truck with 2 adults etc.

Made it impractical for some ACF units ??


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Well done to the NRA
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 8:15 am
Posts: 394
Location: New Forest
Home club or Range: NRA
Maggot wrote:
Strangely Brown wrote:
saddler wrote:
Any updates on them reversing previous lack of support for self loading rifles or pistols?

Nope....just NRA TR type bolt actions.
All for the greater good then.


Actually no!
This is about the movment of the L98A2 which in civilian terms is a section 5 firearm.


Errr

It says they are on about the Cadet Target rifle Mick, I am not aware of any issues with the L98 as they get moved about a lot, but dont go abroad as far as I know.

The cadet TR will go to Canada etc, I expect that might be where the issues were, the Public/ACF interface.

I picked a cadet TR up a few months back but its OK, I have washed since :good:


Apologies if I have that wrong Chris, I thought my source was impeccable............ :o

_________________
Mick


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Well done to the NRA
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:57 pm 
Online

Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:33 pm
Posts: 1741
sierra match king wrote:
Wasnt the main problem the fact that they needed multiple vehicles and adults to accompany the rifles. ie rifles in one truck with 2 adults, ammo in another truck with 2 adults etc.

Made it impractical for some ACF units ??


Pretty much that. CCF units too.

I guess these days you can't just chuck the kids in the back of a 4 tonner with a few rifles, Brens and crates of ammo.

..

_________________
Image
Brand Ambassador.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Well done to the NRA
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:41 pm 
Offline
Site Supporter Since 2016
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:32 pm
Posts: 1967
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC
Maggot wrote:

It says they are on about the Cadet Target rifle Mick, I am not aware of any issues with the L98 as they get moved about a lot, but dont go abroad as far as I know.



We took the whole County's L98s and LSWs to Germany on annual camp a few years ago.
Logistical nightmare I believe and the paperwork monkeys deserve some back-patting, the approval for military weapons crossing international boarders could have been easier if we took the ferry direct to Germany and back but no, we went via France, Belgium and back via Holland 8-)

_________________
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group