New Parking Area at the Back of Century

A section for general discussion covering all of our national shooting organisations.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
The National Body General Discussion section is exactly that, a section for all of us to discuss the National Bodies and what they are up to.

Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
Quarters

New Parking Area at the Back of Century

#1 Post by Quarters »

Went to Bisley and found that in addition to the very good new road at the back of Century they have created really good parking areas either side of the road.

thankssign
Egg on Leggs1
Home club or Range: Kings Heath Rifle Club

Re: New Parking Area at the Back of Century

#2 Post by Egg on Leggs1 »

I went last weekend and I was really impressed.
daryldiane
Home club or Range: Bisley

#3 Post by daryldiane »

Yup, everything seems to be coming together.
Just need a similar road down to Short Siberia, and the electronic targets, and covered firing points.
Then we'll have everything.
Egg on Leggs1
Home club or Range: Kings Heath Rifle Club

#4 Post by Egg on Leggs1 »

daryldiane wrote:Yup, everything seems to be coming together.
Just need a similar road down to Short Siberia, and the electronic targets, and covered firing points.
Then we'll have everything.
A bar and some brolly dolly/loaders would be nice.
Site Supporter Since 2015

#5 Post by 1066 »

Great improvements, but it's still disappointing to shoot on Century at the weekend and find only half a dozen targets in use.

Why not have a late booking/pay on the day rate that's dirt cheap - I know it's a business, but a target not being used is earning nothing.
TARGETMASTER
an altogether better trickler
www.targetmasteruk.com
alexham

#6 Post by alexham »

1066 wrote:Great improvements, but it's still disappointing to shoot on Century at the weekend and find only half a dozen targets in use.

Why not have a late booking/pay on the day rate that's dirt cheap - I know it's a business, but a target not being used is earning nothing.
It would be well worth making this suggestion to Andrew Mercer. Target hire rates should be substantially lower in Winter and in the week.
karen

#7 Post by karen »

alexham wrote: It would be well worth making this suggestion to Andrew Mercer. Target hire rates should be substantially lower in Winter and in the week.
Er they are!
Gaz
Home club or Range: Bisley (usually)

#8 Post by Gaz »

karen wrote:
alexham wrote: It would be well worth making this suggestion to Andrew Mercer. Target hire rates should be substantially lower in Winter and in the week.
Er they are!
Indeed they are, as the range charges sheet makes very clear: http://www.nra.org.uk/common/asp/rangeo ... p?site=NRA

I suspect the problem with a lastminute.com rate is nobody would book ranges in advance in the hope of getting a good deal on the day, provided they're not too fussy about the distance.
I write words for money - but not here. If you think my words here are written to the same standard as my words for money elsewhere, you're wrong. Have a nice day.

See also www.ukshootingnews.wordpress.com for my take on gun law and target shooting news.
Site Supporter Since 2015

#9 Post by 1066 »

karen wrote:
Er they are!

So, am I right in thinking that the cheapest it can be done, for a single shooter on a single target with electronic scoring for all day, on a weekday from March - October is...£142 and £111 over the winter?
As it's around a two hour drive each way for me, it's not really worth the effort and the £30 of petrol to go for just half a day.

To have the same target on a High season on a Saturday is £166.

Not the sort of pricing structure I was thinking off to encourage more use of the facilities, could this be the reason that there often appears to be less that 10% of the targets in use?
TARGETMASTER
an altogether better trickler
www.targetmasteruk.com
karen

#10 Post by karen »

But if you are sharing the target with 3, 4 or 5 others that's fairly cheap.

My club runs on 6 per target for a normal weekend