The UK's Finest Independent Forum for Shooters and Gun Owners. Est 2010.

Supporting all legal firearm owners, collectors, enthusiasts, shooters and competitors by promoting and encouraging legitimate gun ownership and use in the UK through unity, advocacy and discussion. To REGISTER contact admin(at)full-bore.co.uk
It is currently Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:01 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

The National Body General Discussion section is exactly that, a section for all of us to discuss the National Bodies and what they are up to.

Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:38 pm 

Went to Bisley and found that in addition to the very good new road at the back of Century they have created really good parking areas either side of the road.

thankssign

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:54 pm 

Home club or Range: Kings Heath Rifle Club
I went last weekend and I was really impressed.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:01 pm 

Home club or Range: Bisley
Yup, everything seems to be coming together.
Just need a similar road down to Short Siberia, and the electronic targets, and covered firing points.
Then we'll have everything.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:58 pm 

Home club or Range: Kings Heath Rifle Club
daryldiane wrote:
Yup, everything seems to be coming together.
Just need a similar road down to Short Siberia, and the electronic targets, and covered firing points.
Then we'll have everything.

A bar and some brolly dolly/loaders would be nice.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:32 am 
Site Supporter Since 2015

Great improvements, but it's still disappointing to shoot on Century at the weekend and find only half a dozen targets in use.

Why not have a late booking/pay on the day rate that's dirt cheap - I know it's a business, but a target not being used is earning nothing.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:17 am 

1066 wrote:
Great improvements, but it's still disappointing to shoot on Century at the weekend and find only half a dozen targets in use.

Why not have a late booking/pay on the day rate that's dirt cheap - I know it's a business, but a target not being used is earning nothing.

It would be well worth making this suggestion to Andrew Mercer. Target hire rates should be substantially lower in Winter and in the week.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:22 am 

alexham wrote:
It would be well worth making this suggestion to Andrew Mercer. Target hire rates should be substantially lower in Winter and in the week.

Er they are!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:21 pm 

Home club or Range: Bisley (usually)
karen wrote:
alexham wrote:

Er they are!

Indeed they are, as the range charges sheet makes very clear: http://www.nra.org.uk/common/asp/rangeo ... p?site=NRA

I suspect the problem with a lastminute.com rate is nobody would book ranges in advance in the hope of getting a good deal on the day, provided they're not too fussy about the distance.

See also www.ukshootingnews.wordpress.com for my take on gun law and target shooting news.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:32 pm 
Site Supporter Since 2015

karen wrote:
alexham wrote:

Er they are!

So, am I right in thinking that the cheapest it can be done, for a single shooter on a single target with electronic scoring for all day, on a weekday from March - October is...£142 and £111 over the winter?
As it's around a two hour drive each way for me, it's not really worth the effort and the £30 of petrol to go for just half a day.

To have the same target on a High season on a Saturday is £166.

Not the sort of pricing structure I was thinking off to encourage more use of the facilities, could this be the reason that there often appears to be less that 10% of the targets in use?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:20 pm 

But if you are sharing the target with 3, 4 or 5 others that's fairly cheap.

My club runs on 6 per target for a normal weekend